Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Detection / Identification of bed bugs

Dead bug in Climbup -- do we need to re-treat?

(5 posts)
  1. PhillyMom

newbite

Posted 8 years ago
    Fri May 6 2011 9:33:04
    #

Login to Send PM

We were treated about 6 weeks ago for a minor re-infestation. We've since isolated the beds and done our best not to let bedding touch the floor (it's a challenge with kids!) Last night while putting my son to bed, I saw a dead bb in one of his Climbups. Could it just be a straggler, or do we need to re-treat? I don't think any of us has been bitten since the re-treatment, but I have extremely sensitive skin so it's hard for me to tell what causes any "itchy bumps" I find.

2. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 8 years ago
    Fri May 6 2011 12:46:27
    #

Login to Send PM

How long since you last looked in that monitor? (I'm wondering how long it might have been there.)

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."
  3. PhillyMom

newbite

Posted 8 years ago
    Fri May 6 2011 13:40:32
    #

Login to Send PM

It had been a few days since I'd last looked... no more than 3 or 4.

4. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 8 years ago
    Fri May 6 2011 15:20:44
    #

Login to Send PM

PhillyMom - 1 hour ago  » 
    It had been a few days since I'd last looked... no more than 3 or 4.

I am NOT a professional but it seems that about 5 1/2 weeks after treatment, a live bed bug climbed into your ClimbUp.

Sorry to say this, but there are likely more, and you need to get someone in there again (with follow-ups as needed at approx. 10-14 day intervals).

It's possible you have a bunch more (if they've been there the whole time) or that they were reintroduced again, possibly from the same source as originally. I would not bank on it being a "lone bed bug" however.

Do you have any dusts that were put down during treatment? These are mechanical killers and it's possible the bed bug encountered this or a long-lasting residual spray and that explains the death in the ClimbUp.

5. PhillyMom

newbite

Posted 8 years ago
    Fri May 6 2011 16:12:17
    #

Login to Send PM

That's what I was afraid of Ugh... here we go again.

They did use Tempo dust along the baseboards and in the walls and ceiling.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

295,942 posts in 49,856 topics over 154 months by 21,816 of 22,282 members. Latest: bobtheworry, Whiskeygirl, bbquest19