Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Bed Bug Treatment

DE. my experience. woe.

(7 posts)
  1. BBGen0cide

Posted 9 years ago
    Thu Sep 16 2010 23:41:52
    #

Login to Send PM

I have tried to use this stuff 3 times now, first, used way too much, made me sick, this was ages ago, i swore to never use it again. The 2nd time out of desperation, and was more conservative, still, it made me feel ill, like irritated my eyes, nose, and chest, and skin. I have dry skin, so this stuff is really mean if it gets on you. I threw away 2 vacs because i didn't want to bother trying to clean this crap out of either of them.

This time, i was really conservative, base boards and bed frame, tried to make a ultra thin layer, which i think is imposable with a brush of any sorts, and any puffer.

Still irritated me, i had a r100 cart respirator. I put this down like how the canada bedbugs dot come says to on youtube.

[+] Embed the videoGet the Flash Video

I have followed their videos, even with the sockets.

I did it about the same as the videos, and it made staying in the room afterwards unbearable. My nose, and lungs are slightly irritated now, i had to put a towel at the door, close the door and open the window in the room. I could not bare it, so i vacuumed it up again, and ruined yet a 3rd vac.

After reading on here from spidey or whoever's posts, that 1/8 of a teaspoon can contaminate a 10x10 room I used way more than that. This stuff is bad news. I think all dusts are, to effectively treat an area as specified by the canada bed bugs people, this makes breaking the air intolerable.

What bothers me the most, there are no real instructions on this, how much to use, no good tools shipped to do it, i used a thin brush and i still applied a bit to much and tried to spread it thin. I think i am very sensitive to dusts and that this is a no go for me now, i never get it to where it doesn't effect my sinuses, eyes, or lungs.

How would i go about cleaning my vacuum? Any advice on this would be appreciate it.

Also, how do you air out a room after a DE treatment, i opend the windows, even put fans sucking out the windows, do i need to buy an air purifier with a hepa filter?

2. BBGen0cide

Posted 9 years ago
    Thu Sep 16 2010 23:52:33
    #

Login to Send PM

looks like in the end, pco, and nerve damaging agents might be the only way. i know i will be sensitive to those as well. This is so depressing.

3. BBGen0cide

Posted 9 years ago
    Thu Sep 16 2010 23:59:46
    #

Login to Send PM

I think DE in the sockets then sealed is a good idea, how about drilling holes in the walls and puffying it into the walls then sealing it back up with spackle.

4. nancytd

Posted 9 years ago
    Fri Sep 17 2010 0:05:43
    #

Login to Send PM

"looks like in the end, pco, and never damaging agents might be the only way. i know i will be sensitive to those as well. This is so depressing."

I'm chemically sensitive so the thought of exterminating with chemicals is disconcerting. Although, that method may be chosen. I don't even use cleaners or personal care products with chemicals. The treatment options cause almost as much anxiety as the bed bugs. I think an air purifier is useful for contaminants that are regular occurrences. For a single use, I think the open window and fan is enough if you give it time.

5. BBGen0cide

Posted 9 years ago
    Fri Sep 17 2010 0:33:01
    #

Login to Send PM

I have steamers as well, i have steamed everything i could imagine, but doesn't seem to matter, the only thing i have left to try and steam is the ceiling,

I heave sealed up all the sockets, holes and things i could find. I guess i need to do more.

I was thinking about putting de in the walls by drilling holes then dumping it in. then sealing it back up.

6. nancytd

Posted 9 years ago
    Fri Sep 17 2010 0:49:17
    #

Login to Send PM

It seems they like crevices around the room/furniture. I'm not sure if it's likely they'll pass over it in the wall. Each night I'm getting more anxious about going to bed. Can't wait til morning.

7. BBGen0cide

Posted 9 years ago
    Fri Sep 17 2010 1:00:03
    #

Login to Send PM

I have steamers as well, i have steamed everything i could imagine, but doesn't seem to matter, the only thing i have left to try and steam is the ceiling,

I heave sealed up all the sockets, holes and things i could find. I guess i need to do more.

I was thinking about putting de in the walls by drilling holes then dumping it in. then sealing it back up.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

296,846 posts in 50,049 topics over 155 months by 21,878 of 22,364 members. Latest: Datnguyen, Mariam, GoingBananas