Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Bed Bug Treatment

DE application question...

(2 posts)
  1. psychologically_messed_up

Posted 2 years ago
    Wed Aug 30 2017 12:55:06
    #

Login to Send PM

So, I've been to a couple local hardware stores, none of which carry DE dusters.... my question is this: if I purchase the DE in the squeeze bottle, and put a piece of cheesecloth down before screwing the cap on, do you think that would have the same effect? I'm trying to avoid dropping clumps of it, as that's what I did before and not only is it an eye sore, but it wastes so much product. The cheesecloth seems it could allow for more 'dusting' as opposed to 'sprinkling'.

"When you hear hoofbeats, think horses not zebras" Theodore Woodward

I am, by no means, a pro. I'm simply a person that has had unfortunate luck, and somehow acquired the little guys.
    Any/all 'advice' I have to share is based on my own personal history and/or things I've read from the professionals on this site.
    My profession is medical, which is where I am confident in any advice I give, however rare it may be.
  2. psychologically_messed_up

Posted 2 years ago
    Wed Aug 30 2017 16:52:09
    #

Login to Send PM

Update: I used the squeeze bottle it came in and after a little trial and error, the cheese cloth does work.

It can't be 'squeezed' though, or you get a mountain of DE. If held with the opening facing the direction you want to apply, and you 'knock' on the bottom, it does come out in a little ploom of dust/powder.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

296,909 posts in 50,061 topics over 155 months by 21,885 of 22,373 members. Latest: Delusionalparasitosis, kslone1006, Hex999