Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Bed Bug Treatment

DDVP strips and moving pods

(3 posts)
  1. controlfreak

Posted 9 years ago
    Fri Sep 17 2010 15:32:47
    #

Login to Send PM

If you have enough time while moving between two places, and decided to pack your stuff in one of those pods and store for a month, can you hang DDVP strips? If you hang them, how efficient would they be if the pod has 50+ boxes all packed and sealed? Since the pods are not air tight would it be dangerous for the people who may come close to your pod in the storage area (i don't know if there will be people around the storage area)? Finally, how long and where would you air it? I am assuming just opening it in front of your new place and going in and out and carrying stuff would be dangerous.

2. bugnut

Posted 9 years ago
    Sat Sep 18 2010 7:03:06
    #

Login to Send PM

I would think it would be easier if not equal in cost (or slightly more) to rent a truck and have it Vikaned - that way you get your stuff right away and it is "clean" If you search this forum and look for a post by Tracy, she successfully used DDVP to "fumigate" her belongings in a sealed room of her apartment. The details are long and somewhat arduous, but she had been suffering for a year and was not able to eradicate via common methods (her bugs were pyrethin resistant). She is also a chemical engineer and knew exactly what she was doing.

She also STRESSES the dangers in dealing with DDVP and the very careful methods one must use when using it. I do suppose you could potentially do the same with a POD. It would have to be sealed completely from the inside and perhaps outside as well. I understand that foggers are unacceptable in a house/apt because they would scatter, but in a POD they are just going to leave - maybe a nice little circle of Tempo or DE around you POD as a door prize for them?

Any PCOs care to comment?

3. controlfreak

Posted 9 years ago
    Sat Sep 18 2010 8:14:35
    #

Login to Send PM

Vikane would be great but what if you don't have access to it? I was just wondering what would be the second best way to move without extra roommates :). It seems to be a question that comes up quite often and it would be nice to have a "moving protocol" to follow in the absence of vikane that would minimize your chances to get re-infested in your new place. I think it would be a good checkpoint to control the spread overall as well? Besides I like protocols :).

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

294,988 posts in 49,598 topics over 153 months by 21,730 of 22,177 members. Latest: nadialula, Charybdea, Maria081