(2 posts)
  1. anxietynightly

newbite

Posted 1 year ago
    Thu Jun 21 2018 4:06:20
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi there,

I write this at 5AM after another sleepless night. My roommate had a guest (ugh- at least we knew the source) bring bed bugs to our two bedroom apartment, which thankfully we caught early. Immediately upon siting, I began researching, and we decided to have the whole apartment heat treated. Our exterminator upon thorough inspection only found evidence in my rooomate’s room- not in my room or main living area. This was confirmed during heat treatment when they were only found in roomate’s room (and even then only two nymphs and a few adults). Exterminator also sprayed perimeter of apartment to ensure that any hiding potentially in walls between apartment were killed if they returned. Since then, my roommate’s bites disappeared and no bugs were found in traps under bed. My roommate moved out due to new job about 35 days ago, and the only tenant we shared walls with moved out 30 days ago, with no tenenat moving in. I am assuming that if there were any possibility of living bugs this would lead them straight to me to feed. I was majorly stressed during this ordeal, crying frequently during the night, panicking at the sight of lint on sheets- the whole 9 yards. I had finally started to recover enough to put my clothes back in my dresser, which was no small feat for me emotionally. (So irrational- I know!) however this morning when I woke up I found a crushed bug under my pillow. It was a grayish brown color, and was so small I struggled to identify if it had 6 legs or 8. My exterminator did note when he came that we had a worse baby spider problem than bed bug problem... but I still am panicking. I have no visible bite reactions, though I have no idea if I would react to them. No fecal or blood stains on sheets or mattress both pillows and mattress have been encased since I moved in two years ago, and have never had any evidence of bed bugs on them before. I have only been sleeping with a top sheet that I wrap around my body so it won’t touch the floor. I have glue traps under my bed posts (they’re only about a quarter size wide, and I have large glue traps under each that have caught other types of bugs like spiders and silverfish). This is all a long winded way of asking- can I let this go? Are the odds it was a baby spider so great I shouldn’t worry? The night I write this I haven’t slept a wink, have just been watching my pillows and taking them out of their cases (not encasements of course) to check for potential bugs and have seen none. Just looking for some reassurance here, I really need to move on from this situation, but I don’t want to be naive.

2. Jaywasane

newbite

Posted 1 year ago
    Thu Jun 21 2018 22:24:11
    #

Login to Send PM

I'm not the best at moving on Don't let that happen to you. Guess what! I stressed over everything after my heat treatment and guess what none of them turned out to be anything. I came to happy medium I don't freak out everything but I still do some checking.

I'm not a pro but everything you described seemed good to move on

Best wishes
    Jay

Not a Pro I just spend to much time researching BB's.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

294,649 posts in 49,518 topics over 153 months by 21,698 of 22,141 members. Latest: carterscott, ohkayiguess, shawnpayne1982