(4 posts)
  1. FayeState

oldtimer

Posted 2 years ago
    Mon Jan 23 2017 14:26:18
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi David,
    This is the eighth day of the placement of the passive monitor on my bed and it is still clear - how likely is it that it won't be after two weeks?
    Second, I am planning to purchase a few more monitors to put on a sofa (though no one napped on it for a few weeks now but want to monitor), another bed that is regularly used and maybe for my husband's chair and the car. The sofa is about 20 feet from my computer chair and desk so I was thinking the sofa needs a passive monitor, not an active one. Is that correct?
    Thanks.

2. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 2 years ago
    Mon Jan 23 2017 22:31:11
    #

Login to Send PM

FayeState - 8 hours ago  » 
    Hi David,
    This is the eighth day of the placement of the passive monitor on my bed and it is still clear - how likely is it that it won't be after two weeks?

FayeState,

It's unlikely bed bugs will appear on your monitor after two weeks, because you've seen no evidence so far.

Why not just wait until then. Check once weekly. The monitors are a tool to release some of your anxiety. Try to find something to distract you in the meantime. Obsessing about this isn't healthy.

I wish you all the best. Consider seeking a therapist's support as anxiety is treatable. Many others here have found this helpful.

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."
  3. FayeState

oldtimer

Posted 2 years ago
    Mon Jan 23 2017 22:39:19
    #

Login to Send PM

Thanks for your post and I hope you're right.

4. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 2 years ago
    Mon Jan 23 2017 23:45:44
    #

Login to Send PM

FayeState - 1 hour ago  » 
    Thanks for your post and I hope you're right.

If I am wrong, and you end up having bed bugs, you still can benefit from help with anxiety. Worrying about them more doesn't help the problem go away or prevent it.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

297,406 posts in 50,189 topics over 156 months by 21,934 of 22,435 members. Latest: esedndwi, Help123, Bedbugdaydreams