(11 posts)
  1. FayeState

oldtimer

Posted 1 year ago
    Sun Nov 20 2016 1:59:41
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi David,
    I have read a lot about your green treatments. I like things I've read you've written like about doing treatment of only the room affected by bed bugs. I wish you worked in the US, but know you unfortunately don't. Are there any people trained by you who do? I am in the Chicago area, but would be willing to pay transportation for your kind of treatment if I end up actually having bed bugs, as I'm still not sure, but afraid do. I have not been able to find someone like you here so far.
    Thanks.

2. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 1 year ago
    Mon Nov 21 2016 11:28:28
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

Sadly the only practitioners in the US who use 75% of our method work in NY state and do not travel for various reasons. One of which is the fact that certain states require local registration to work in pest control even when you are chemical free.

Sadly I have spoken with many companies in Chicago and non have progressed to the point of training , I guess they just need more consumers asking for a better solution than what is being offered. Sadly consumer services often develop by request rather than through companies striving to proactively offer the best that is out there as we have done.

If it were not for the voltage differences I would suggest flying over may in fact be cheaper than getting service local but by the time you factor in the cost of buying the kit (about $1,400) it becomes expensive. I will have a word with a friend in the US to see if he is willing to manage the logistics of getting a unit to locations with the view of doing an equipment rental and training solution. That way I am technically training people to help themselves and much of the follow up support can be done online.

The only major issue with that solution is that air fairs are always cheaper when arranged with plenty of notice and bed bug treatment seems to have an urgency.

Hope that explains.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

If you have found this information helpful please consider leaving feedback on social media via google+ or FaceBook or by like/loving the images.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC (legal requirements) I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about products.
  3. FayeState

oldtimer

Posted 1 year ago
    Mon Nov 21 2016 12:35:12
    #

Login to Send PM

Thanks, David. I'd be willing to pay extra, including air fare, to have someone trained by you. Please keep me posted.

4. FayeState

oldtimer

Posted 1 year ago
    Mon Nov 21 2016 12:55:21
    #

Login to Send PM

David,
    Have you have experience with the Midwest Pesticide Action Center in Chicago. I think they are interested in green solutions.

5. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 1 year ago
    Mon Nov 21 2016 13:18:15
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

Yes I am aware of the MWPAC and have spoken with them on the phone on a few occasions. They promised to get a plan together to do something but have dropped the ball.

I will also ask my team if they can look into indicative costs to travel.

However, I cant break my golden rule of always confirming if its not local. Even when people are happy to pick yo massive cots to be all clear I cant do that out of principle. However, I am getting increasingly enquirers for training sessions in the US from larger clients so may be able to tag some treatment time onto other trips.

I have a base to locate a set of US voltage tools and there are plenty of shipping options to get kit around. It also helps I like the ideal of helping people learn what to do so I may help them with a few rooms on a larger project or to teach them what to do with the kit I will loan if a re-treatment is needed. It fits with my teach people to fish philosophy.

David

6. FayeState

oldtimer

Posted 1 year ago
    Mon Nov 21 2016 17:34:38
    #

Login to Send PM

I am going to call the Midwest Pesticide Action Center and ask about green treatments - never hurts I guess. I don't know what my situation is as to bed bugs. I am finally getting my husband to agree to look put encasements on the mattress and box spring. I told him we should inspect the box spring before encasing it to see if anything is there - what do you think?

7. FayeState

oldtimer

Posted 1 year ago
    Mon Nov 21 2016 22:09:38
    #

Login to Send PM

David,
    You're fantastic. I have not heard back from the Midwest Pesticide Action Center. However, if it is ok with you I'd like to call my alderman (local representative for my area in Chicago) and different bed bug companies to ask about service like you provide. Is that ok? It'd be great if everyone did that if it is ok with you.
    Thanks for all you do.

8. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 1 year ago
    Tue Nov 22 2016 7:43:20
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

No pressure from my end, my diary is busy at the best of times anyway. I am off to South Africa in a few weeks so look out for the new FlickR gallery of the fauna and flora down there.

I would rather people exhaust local options anyway because flying long haul is not a favorite pass time of mine.

David

9. KillerQueen

oldtimer

Posted 1 year ago
    Tue Nov 22 2016 14:37:38
    #

Login to Send PM

First - US law doesn't allow for people to just enter the country and work to make money.

Second - Theres no magic rainbows and pretty unicorns in pest control.

There are plenty (and I mean plenty) of companies providing "green treatments" for bed bugs.

If you find that you have bed bugs - Do more research because it sounds like you're missing all the marks.

10. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 1 year ago
    Tue Nov 22 2016 17:46:08
    #

Login to Send PM

KillerQueen - 3 hours ago  » 
    First - US law doesn't allow for people to just enter the country and work to make money.

John,

Had you have bothered to ask I could have explained I have a visa that allows me to travel, conduct business and work for up to 90 days at a time in the US. I also have several colleagues who allow we to work in conjunction with them including a company in your neck of the woods. Maybe people would appreciate a more professional service and better customer care.

David

11. FayeState

oldtimer

Posted 1 year ago
    Tue Nov 22 2016 19:53:31
    #

Login to Send PM

David,
    Thanks for your response. Have a good trip to Africa. I don't think there are options like what you offer in Chicago, though I could be wrong. However, there should be.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

274,686 posts in 45,068 topics over 137 months by 19,788 of 20,523 members. Latest: Starsky30, Sayitaintso99, bid