date posts

(7 posts)
  1. willow-the-wisp

banned

Posted 12 years ago
    Thu Mar 29 2007 21:24:36
    #

Login to Send PM

there are so many posts ... it gets a bit hard to know who posted what--when in the forums; a minor point--but a nice header for people to fill out if that's even possible
    ie like a stats post or something. If not here ... thenin the profiles???
    I feel a part of ... but clueless as to who some of you are.
    It is hard for me to read--I was not blessed with the ability to find things on crowded website pages ...
    This one is just the opposite. Either the stuff is a bit too hidden or not there. This isn't really a complaint, more a suggestion
    color codes
    points for posting being given when you answer a Q and maybe even voting on posts.
    that might be down the line and seem a bit judgemental ... but let's face it: people want to get to the info they feel is relavant. a check box for relavance will cause the topic to become larger as opposed to haw many have visited the site? I bearly know how to read my own email, so ... maybe it's just me LOL

2. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 12 years ago
    Thu Mar 29 2007 23:06:37
    #

Login to Send PM

HI Willo!
    You make good suggestions.
    This is a fairly basic forum system. Tweaks are possible but sometimes take time for me to figure out. Rating system is possible but not working at the moment.
    But for now, you can see the length of time since the message was posted: it's at the bottom of the message. Yours says "posted 1 hour ago." Eventually it will say day, week, etc. Also in the list of topics you can see how long since someone posted to that conversation.
    Hope that helps.

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."
  3. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 12 years ago
    Thu Mar 29 2007 23:08:25
    #

Login to Send PM

Oh one more tip: click your profile at the top and see a list of all your posts and contributions.

4. willow-the-wisp

banned

Posted 12 years ago
    Thu Aug 2 2007 18:08:14
    #

Login to Send PM

nobugs: can we ever will we be ever able to add bold so we can highlight very important parts of what we're saying?

5. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 12 years ago
    Thu Aug 2 2007 18:38:30
    #

Login to Send PM

This system allows simple HTML tags for emphasis and to link (remember, only informational links are allowed--please don't link to a site selling something.)

Put the following commands inside the brackets < >

you can use the tags (<) em (>) (without parentheses, to start italics) and (<) /em (>) (to stop them) or

using the brackets the same way,

strong (to start bold) and /strong after the bolded word or phrase)

I cannot actually type this out or it just changes my words to italics or bolded.

try it, ok?

6. willow-the-wisp

banned

Posted 12 years ago
    Thu Aug 2 2007 19:56:40
    #

Login to Send PM

<em well let's see what could I emphasise here?/em>

<strong um... I had no idea This site was so distinguished /strong>

I see <em and /em> codes ... no italics ets ...

7. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 12 years ago
    Thu Aug 2 2007 20:16:40
    #

Login to Send PM

Willow,
    If I type out the instructions exactly as is, then it makes my words italics. It does not SHOW YOU the instructions.

You need one set of <> then the item to be italicized or bolded, then the </> that closes it off.

In your example above: add ANOTHER > after em and a < before /em and it will work. Do the same after <strong and before /strong> (in other words, the brackets have to be closed, like parentheses.)

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

297,369 posts in 50,180 topics over 156 months by 21,932 of 22,430 members. Latest: Beachhouse, bbguy, Ladybug1993