Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Reader questions (do not fit into other categories)

Craziness... what happened to the BBs??

(3 posts)
  1. galisatsuki

newbite

Posted 8 years ago
    Sun Nov 28 2010 7:04:47
    #

Login to Send PM

Alright, so about 3 months ago, I realized I had bedbugs. I was seeing these suckers EVERYWHERE for the first month (in total I probably spotted and killed about 14); then all of a sudden, they're gone! I just treated the apartment for BB today and found no living BBs, anywhere!!

Last living BB I saw in my apartment was over a month ago! During the treatment, I tore apart my bed, the nightstand, the dresser and my livingroom couch. There were castoff skins in the bedroom under/behind the bed and dead BBs. In the livingroom, I found nothing! Not ever a skin!

My educated guess is that they moved on to another apartment. I won't be taking any chances, though, and will continue to treat every two weeks for the next 3 months.

Has anyone ever heard of something like this happening? Bedbugs all over the place one week, the next, zilch?? Without any treatment?? I feel like they've gotta be somewhere! I read a post about someone removing the batting from their sofa... however there weren't any fecal spots on nor under the couch; not on the walls surrounding the couch (there were fecal spots on my wall in the bedroom) etc ...

What do you guys think?

2. cilecto

oldtimer

Posted 8 years ago
    Sun Nov 28 2010 9:16:12
    #

Login to Send PM

A few thoughts:
    - poisoned refugees from a neighbor's treatment.
    - your treatment was effective, bravo.
    - a different insect.

Thou shalt not be afraid for the terror by night...
    - Psalms 91:5-7

(Not an pro)
  3. galisatsuki

newbite

Posted 8 years ago
    Sun Nov 28 2010 13:56:12
    #

Login to Send PM

- poisoned refugees from a neighbor's treatment.

Of course; that could very well had been it! I never even knew where I would have gotten the bedbugs since I rarely ever travel...

I'm praying that my months of sleeplessness and anxiety are coming to a close. /Crosses-fingers/ Wish me luck!

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

294,649 posts in 49,518 topics over 153 months by 21,698 of 22,141 members. Latest: carterscott, ohkayiguess, shawnpayne1982