Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Detection / Identification of bed bugs

Could this be fecal?

(12 posts)
  1. BarelyLiving2

Posted 8 years ago
    Tue Sep 27 2011 16:14:41
    #

Login to Send PM

I got 3 bites in a line on my back a couple of nights ago. when I went to change the sheets I found this up between the pillows. I know it wasn't there when I put the sheets on. Sorry, I couldn't get the camera to focus very well. The color was black, not dark red and it had soaked into the fibers of the sheet.

I did a presumptive blood test on the stain, it did turn pink (positive), but my 'control' spot on the sheet also turned pink.

2. BarelyLiving2

Posted 8 years ago
    Tue Sep 27 2011 16:19:40
    #

Login to Send PM

3. BarelyLiving2

Posted 8 years ago
    Tue Sep 27 2011 18:19:09
    #

Login to Send PM

OOOHHH, so now everyone gets sick of looking at bug poop... I see how it is.

4. BarelyLiving2

Posted 8 years ago
    Wed Sep 28 2011 5:02:30
    #

Login to Send PM

Anyone? Any experts, please?

5. OhNoes

Posted 8 years ago
    Wed Sep 28 2011 7:35:22
    #

Login to Send PM

Not an expect, but, it looks like it could be fecal. I'd wait for an expect to chime in though.

6. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 8 years ago
    Wed Sep 28 2011 8:21:29
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

The first image is too out of focus to tell anything from. The second image is too out of focus.

Many of us experts were in Chicago from sat night till yesterday so have not had full web access as we have been learning.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

I am happy to answer questions in public but will not reply to message sent directly or via my company / social media. I am here to help everyone and not just one case at a time.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about pro
  7. BarelyLiving2

Posted 8 years ago
    Wed Sep 28 2011 9:40:05
    #

Login to Send PM

Dang, I've already laundered the sheet and my camera just wouldn't focus.

David, the fecal (processed blood) pictures on your site always seemed to be dark red. This see was black, could it still be? The other properties seemed to work for it to be fecal (absorbed into the sheet, etc.)

Thanks so much.

8. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 8 years ago
    Wed Sep 28 2011 9:49:08
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

Processed blood meal or faecal trace is always black, or more accurately a dark brown made up of shades of burnt okra colour.

The dark red is oxidised human blood which is not confirming of bedbugs.

David

9. BarelyLiving2

Posted 8 years ago
    Wed Sep 28 2011 14:11:46
    #

Login to Send PM

That was what I needed to know. Thanks for your time, David!

10. Sleepingwithvampbugs

newbite

Posted 8 years ago
    Fri Sep 30 2011 8:10:27
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi David,
    quick question for you, I'm having a treatment done on monday I reside in mi my pco is telling me to bag up all items that cant be laundered and store in bathtub or middle of kitchen floor is this correct? He said its the startings very light case. can you give me info from your point of view I went to your website couldnt see anything on that info or maybe missed it. just want to do all I can so treatment is successful. He also told us to toss out corner piece of our sectional me and my husband has decided just to toss it all out should we wait until they treat it or just toss it and rip it up so no one picks up off the street thanks ahead of time for your answers and support.

11. Sleepingwithvampbugs

newbite

Posted 8 years ago
    Fri Sep 30 2011 8:11:13
    #

Login to Send PM

Sleepingwithvampbugs - 11 seconds ago  » 
    Hi David,
    quick question for you, I'm having a treatment done on monday I reside in mi my pco is telling me to bag up all items that cant be laundered and store in bathtub or middle of kitchen floor is this correct? He said its the startings very light case. can you give me info from your point of view I went to your website couldnt see anything on that info or maybe missed it. just want to do all I can so treatment is successful. He also told us to toss out corner piece of our sectional me and my husband has decided just to toss it all out should we wait until they treat it or just toss it and rip it up so no one picks up off the street thanks ahead of time for your answers and support.

a little more info we just moved in to this apartment and signs of them are only in our couch

12. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 8 years ago
    Fri Sep 30 2011 9:34:25
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

I don't work that way. I ask people to leave things still and work around it once I have assessed the situation.

It is something of a unique approach in the world but it does work well with our program. This approach works especially well in light cases where too much disruption can spread a light case rather than solve it quickly.

David

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

297,225 posts in 50,141 topics over 155 months by 21,920 of 22,416 members. Latest: Bery10, plsnopls, Ldrago