Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Detection / Identification of bed bugs

Could this be bird mites instead of BB??? Photo ID, please.

(4 posts)
  1. Mollygee23

newbite

Posted 1 year ago
    Sun Jul 15 2018 10:22:46
    #

Login to Send PM

So, the night time bites are continuing with no further BB evidence (casings or actual bugs). Could I be confusing bird mite bites with BB bites? We do have a recently vacated bird nest in the bush directly adjacent to our apartment patio. My husband was feeding the bird while it was in residence. I know bird mites
    are hard to see, that might explain why I haven't caught one??? I have a photo of a bug I took off of our family room ceiling. Is this a bird mite, or only a spider? I apologize, but I am at my wit's end with all of the bites, and may be grasping at straws.
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/165767578@N08/

2. Bugsareicky

Posted 1 year ago
    Sun Jul 15 2018 11:50:27
    #

Login to Send PM

I really don't know if it's a bird mite, wait for an expert opinion on that, but birds can carry a few creepy crawlies that will bite humans when the birds go... if this nest is somewhere you can reach, and is definitely empty, I'd get rid of it. Use gloves of course, and dispose of it in a large ziplock bag. If it is dangerous or difficult to reach, leave it alone. Bird mites, and other bird parasites will bite humans, but they won't survive very long that way. They'll all die off after a couple of weeks. Hopefully that is your problem. It's a much easier fix than bedbugs.

3. loubugs

old timer

Posted 1 year ago
    Mon Jul 16 2018 1:37:00
    #

Login to Send PM

It's hard to see between the tape. Not a bird mite, could be a spider, but can't really see it that well.

Professional entomologist/arachnologist. I consult on all matters dealing with insects and arachnids, including those of natural history and biology to pest management and forensic entomology investigations.
  4. Mollygee23

newbite

Posted 1 year ago
    Mon Jul 16 2018 5:48:12
    #

Login to Send PM

Thanks, Lou!!! You are awesome!

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

291,771 posts in 48,891 topics over 151 months by 21,460 of 21,863 members. Latest: SimpleObserver, get_out, Dannie