(2 posts)
  1. jc283

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Fri Jun 2 2017 22:12:53
    #

Login to Send PM

Hello,

This bedbug worry is driving me insane. I had a friend stay over my place for two weekends in a row. Although she didn't sleep on my bed, she stayed on the floor. She told me after that her brother had found bed bugs in his bedroom but she didn't have any or any bites. Now I'm SO worried.

Since early May I've been waking up with bites. They turn red and look pretty large. After the itchiness goes down and the welt turns small, it turns into a small red dot.

I threw out my mattress last week and I bought a new one. I've gotten a bed bug mattress cover that I put on the new one and I slept out in my hallway for a week and a half and got no bites. I sprayed my room during this time with bed bug Raid and flea sprays and vacuumed daily. I recently came back to sleep in my room and for two nights there was nothing. Then this morning I woke up with one bite on my arm. I Haven't seen any bed bugs. I even used a blue light and couldn't see anything or eggs. But I have seen red spots on my sheets.

Ill add some pictures here:

Bites:
    http://imgur.com/ZnvifV2

Red dots that show up after bites have been there for 2 weeks:
    http://imgur.com/DZonR3C

2. BbsTO

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Fri Jun 2 2017 23:33:40
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi! Sorry you're getting bit by something bites alone can't diagnose bbs, but the blood spots are suspicious. But bb bites look different depending on how allergic you are, and lots of things look like the bites but aren't - so don't stress too hard yet! Did you put encasements on your box spring and pillows, too, though? Just in case? And interceptors under the bed legs and pulled your bed away from the wall?
    I was getting bit since January but couldn't find any signs of any bugs. I thought they were just hives because there were only one or two at a time and sometimes 1.5 weeks between them. Sometimes they would appear 14 hours after waking up. Finally got a biopsy on a fresh bite which confirmed insect bite and THEN finally found a nymph. I haven't been bit in nearly two weeks since taking precautions, but I did "make my bed an island" and was very careful about pyjamas. sometimes bite reactions are delayed though, so maby the mattress cover worked and it's an old bite that's just now reacting and the bloodspots are from before.
    Hopefully not bbs and you find out what it is soon! Maybe call a PCO to speed up the process!

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

293,669 posts in 49,314 topics over 152 months by 21,612 of 22,037 members. Latest: Jaded48, ctd2289, N52B30AE