Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Detection / Identification of bed bugs

Could shed skin be be dark brown with light brown ring around hole?

(3 posts)
  1. toledo

Posted 8 years ago
    Thu Mar 10 2011 20:50:28
    #

Login to Send PM

I found a small appleseed-shaped object in my bed today. Under the magnifying glass, I could see that it was dark brown/black, with a perfect light brown/tan ring around the hole at one end. The hole was perfectly round. It was not translucent and there were no legs attached. Unfortuantely, my husband crushed the skin as he was trying to pick it up, so there will be no picture. We have had a confirmed case of bed bugs, so everything is suspect.

2. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 8 years ago
    Fri Mar 11 2011 11:49:17
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

I have NEVER seen a cast skin be anything other than a tan paper colour as if they were made from tissue paper.

If you post an image of what you have found we can help identify. If your camera cant capture an in focus up close image use a document scanner.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

If you have found this information helpful please consider leaving feedback on social media via google+ or FaceBook or by like/loving the images.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC (legal requirements) I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about products.
  3. toledo

Posted 8 years ago
    Sat Mar 12 2011 16:45:33
    #

Login to Send PM

Oh, it was thin as tissue paper, hence my husband destroyed it while attempting to pick it up. It was dark, so must be another type of bug this time. I wish I could find a good web site that shows cast skins. That would help people with identifying. Thanks for responding.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

293,305 posts in 49,236 topics over 152 months by 21,584 of 22,005 members. Latest: Robbysee, Elephant88, Nobugsplsto