COULD I BE WINNING?

(3 posts)
  1. pvretail

newbite

Posted 1 year ago
    Fri Aug 17 2018 7:46:25
    #

Login to Send PM

OK so I think I might be winning the war but I'm not 100% sure.

DAY 1 - CAPTURED 10 - 12 ADULTS + NUMBERLESS EGGS, BABIES ETC

We found the main infestation on Saturday.
    A nice line of bug along our headboard with eggs.

I vacuumed up a BUNCH of larvae, eggs, and tiny baby bugs and a couple of adults.

Sealed the room off hardcore and laid traps.

DAY 2 - 3 - CAPTURED 4 ADULTS A FEW BABIES AND NYMPHTS
    Next day I returned captured 4 adults and 2-3 nymphs didn't see many little guys but I vacuumed up what I did. I applied neem oil to the legs and other places and put tape on the legs.

DAY 4 - CAPTURES 2 ADULTS - 2 UNFED NYMPHS -
    SPOTTED/VACUMMED A COUPLE MORE
    Tuesday I returned and brought some DE

Found 2 adults along the headboard and saw a few nymphs in a new set of cracks. Dusted the seam of the headboard where most of them were first found and dusted inside the cracks

I vacuumed more in all the places I could find and added a layer of DE dust to the doorstop which had been previously barricaded.

DAY 6 - NO ADULTS/NYMPHS - 5-7 BABIES CAPTURED IN TAPE
    Last night went in again to inspect/sleep/sacrifice myself to keep them in the bedroom.
    I turned the mattress overlooked in a bunch of cracks/crevices. and found maybe 5-10 super teeny tiny baby bed bugs, no adults, no eggs.

I did the layer of DE all along the sides of the mattress to assure that any bugs coming after me in the night would have to cross the DMZ.

Also put climb up interceptors on the bed.

This morning no sign of anything in the traps.

My plan for Saturday is to disassemble the bed, vacuum the whole thing inside and out. Maybe spot apply some pesticides to cracks and crevices that are hard to reach

Reassemble and sleep in the bed again to see if I catch anything in the traps.

I was all gung-ho about the heat treatment a couple of days ago, but not I don't know.

COULD I ACTUALLY BE WINNING?

I'd love any advice or things to know that may turn the tide of battle.

Viva La Dead Bugs

2. ijustwannasleep

newbite

Posted 1 year ago
    Fri Aug 17 2018 11:10:30
    #

Login to Send PM

You could, but I wouldn't get your hopes up. Bed bugs are very hard to get rid of - especially without a professional PCO. I would look into one. It is worth the money spent.

3. pvretail

newbite

Posted 1 year ago
    Fri Aug 17 2018 14:41:16
    #

Login to Send PM

ijustwannasleep - 3 hours ago  » 
    You could, but I wouldn't get your hopes up. Bed bugs are very hard to get rid of - especially without a professional PCO. I would look into one. It is worth the money spent.

TOTALLY ijustwannasleep I read that early on and I called

3 different companies ASAP - here's my challenge

2 of the 3 didn't really check out our house. 1 sort of vaguely poked around, the other never even came over, they both just told us we needed to heat treat and sent us a proposal for $1600 - $2000 which I've been open to paying except the problem seems so minor and is currently contained to one room. AND my landlords are freaking out about heat treatment damage and based on what I understand about our insurance if the treatment damages the house we're liable for it.

1 came over and basically said they do what we're doing except they would use pesticides in addition to the DE that we're using which I'm going to look into today.

I'm still open to the heat treatment option, but I just want a PCO to come over and actually do an investigation and see what the problem is like and give me an honest estimate of what needs to happen.

Basically, they just want to have us heat treat. One told us our infestation was EXTREME another moderate and another mild.

So I kind of don't know what to believe.

Our situation is a bit unusual because we were gone for a week and discovered the infestation upon our return. I think it was growing before we left and then went somewhat dormant while we were away.

Again I'm open to a PCO but I just don't want to buy a bill of goods. I will say I'm not the normal human when it comes to these things, I tend to go above and beyond in all areas of my life. I'm a performance coach AND I get that I'm not a PCO but the one PCO that came over actually seemed pretty impressed with my efforts.

So thanks for the tip AND if you can help me know how to proceed beyond the bunk I would LOVE that.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

296,915 posts in 50,062 topics over 155 months by 21,886 of 22,374 members. Latest: kslone1006, Hex999, Gauned