(14 posts)
  1. FayeState

oldtimer

Posted 1 year ago
    Fri Jan 6 2017 0:01:10
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,
    I know couches can be difficult to inspect and treat. I looked at a youtube of a couch inspection and am still confused. Also, I saw where David's monitor can be used. So I was wondering what other people do.
    Also, would heat treatment take care of a couch if it is infested?
    Thanks.

2. FayeState

oldtimer

Posted 1 year ago
    Fri Jan 6 2017 1:31:14
    #

Login to Send PM

Forgot to put in the post, my husband normally sleeps a couple hours on the couch in the early evening before eventually going to bed. At this point should I tell him not to so that if there are bed bugs there they will eventually find him in bed? If there are bed bugs there, I think he is probably a non-reactor to bites.
    Thanks.

3. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 1 year ago
    Fri Jan 6 2017 10:10:59
    #

Login to Send PM

You've found no signs, I think this is unnecessary.

Killer of bed bugs for Homeless Empowerment Program
  4. FayeState

oldtimer

Posted 1 year ago
    Fri Jan 6 2017 13:38:44
    #

Login to Send PM

But I've not found signs in the couch because I haven't really looked. Why do you think this is unnecessary?

5. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 1 year ago
    Fri Jan 6 2017 15:05:20
    #

Login to Send PM

You've never found a single bed bug in ten weeks, is that correct?
    If this is true then you don't have bed bugs.

6. FayeState

oldtimer

Posted 1 year ago
    Fri Jan 6 2017 20:24:25
    #

Login to Send PM

I hope you're right, but I read of people who have bed bug bites, but can't find any evidence of bed bugs, or at least not the bugs. That's why I'm concerned what I brought in was a bed bug.

7. Unsure0817

newbite

Posted 1 year ago
    Fri Jan 6 2017 23:11:44
    #

Login to Send PM

I'll bet most of those people aren't looking for them, so they didn't notice the signs. You are hyper-vigilant, so the chances of you not seeing the signs are much slimmer. How long with no evidence before you'll believe you don't have them? 10 weeks seems like a long time.

8. FayeState

oldtimer

Posted 1 year ago
    Sat Jan 7 2017 1:44:57
    #

Login to Send PM

Actually, I am not as vigilant as I should be. I need to get monitors up, remove my box spring (which when you're a senior citizen is hard), etc. I keep reading even about PCO's who don't find the signs, though those may be earlier infestations.

9. CleaningToDeath

Posted 1 year ago
    Sat Jan 7 2017 9:31:43
    #

Login to Send PM

Faye after 2 1/2 months, with no professional treatments, you would notice evidence at this time. I don't know your bed times. However, being totally nocturnal is not entirely true. Sure that may be their preferred feeding time, but they would make an occasional appearance early evening, and once saw in early afternoon on our sofa, when they moved in where my husband was then sleeping at the time.

Do you have any young family members, church group members that can do this lifting for you to ease your mind. Or after 10 weeks, a PCO would find an infestation by now as it would not be an early one either, to do an inspection?

10. FayeState

oldtimer

Posted 1 year ago
    Sat Jan 7 2017 13:42:46
    #

Login to Send PM

Thanks for your response. I don't think people would want to be exposed to possible bed bugs so I would be worried about asking. My daughter and son-in-law live 2000 miles away and most of my friends are my age. PCO's I've spoken with seem to do very superficial inspections. Don't seem to take things apart. So on the couch you think I'd see obvious signs by now?

11. CleaningToDeath

Posted 1 year ago
    Sat Jan 7 2017 17:34:41
    #

Login to Send PM

With no treatments, yes.

12. FayeState

oldtimer

Posted 1 year ago
    Sat Jan 7 2017 17:54:20
    #

Login to Send PM

Thanks - with my personality it's hard to move on. I keep thinking I am going to see one. In general insects don't bother me, it's just these do because of all that is involved in getting rid of them. How are you doing?

13. CleaningToDeath

Posted 1 year ago
    Sun Jan 8 2017 4:52:15
    #

Login to Send PM

Just taking it day by day, Faye. Still living out of ziploc bags, doing laundry often. As I pared down so much in my clothing, besides underwear and socks, I don't have much in tops or pants, that it is a constant recycle of laundering. I don't wish to buy anything new yet either, until I know we are in the clear. Has gotten better as far as sleeping. I used to in the beginning, put my pillow and covers every night before I went to bed. Now I just give it a through check nightly and upon waking before I make up the bed. Still used flashlight and magnify my camera phone around the bed, sofa. Believe it is just a process of coming out of a traumatic experience, some things I'm starting to return to normal, some I've yet to let go. Think my anxiety may go up in couple of weeks, as I did my last treatment earlier this week, and bit apprehensive when my 2 weeks are up, wondering if they are just temporarily waiting to re-emerge. Wishing more for Spring, so I can just sit outside in the sun. Dreary winter months in this mix, just makes it a bit more stir crazy.

14. FayeState

oldtimer

Posted 1 year ago
    Sun Jan 8 2017 5:31:07
    #

Login to Send PM

Hope you are in the clear soon. This is driving me crazy.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

279,442 posts in 46,329 topics over 141 months by 20,416 of 21,255 members. Latest: nu2bedbugs87, ndjur, Krazybugger