Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Bed bug pest control firms (PCOs), Bed bug k9s, etc.

Cost effective PCO in Cleveland OH?

(8 posts)
  1. BbBlooz

newbite

Posted 6 years ago
    Thu Jul 18 2013 0:33:07
    #

Login to Send PM

After applying some DE around a few areas of my home, I've discovered an elongated brown bb in my bathroom. This is my fourth discovery and the biggest I've found thus far. I'm on the edge and haven't slept well for over a week now. I believe I got them from a friend and now I think I should seek a professional before I lose my mind.

Please can someone suggest a PCO or exterminator in the Cleveland area? My money is tight and my sanity is wearing thin. Also I saw a vid about making your own CO2 monitor, is this helpful or counter-productive?

Thank you all.

2. Nemo

Posted 6 years ago
    Thu Jul 18 2013 9:22:12
    #

Login to Send PM

You're sure it's a bed bug? It wouldn't be elongated unless maybe it just ate, but they slim down fast so they can hide.

You should get more replies on your posts today. Hang in there.

3. BbBlooz

newbite

Posted 6 years ago
    Thu Jul 18 2013 22:18:12
    #

Login to Send PM

Nemo,
    Thanks for the reply. After trapping the bug in a jar, I found it to be a brown beetle, the same kind that are outside in the backyard. (Wheew) However, I know for a fact that the others I have found after they've bitten me were bedbugs. The bites burn like someone's setting my skin on fire causing me to wake and find it scurrying away. I've managed to trap all the ones that bit me. I also cannot find any other evidence like skins, feces etc. so it's been a mental battle not knowing where they're at.

Here in Cleveland they're deemed a public nuisance and it's suggested by the city to contact health department. My landlord says I'm on my own and if I contact health dept., he will be pissed and I would cause us to have what he calls a 'falling out'. Now I'm scared of retaliation if I seek help. I feel I need a pro to check it out and at least tell me how bad it is. So far since March I've only found three.

Again if anyone can recommend a pro please help me out. I just found out sleeping on my couch will make it worse, however I must admit I'm afraid to sleep in my room.

4. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 6 years ago
    Fri Jul 19 2013 1:25:33
    #

Login to Send PM

Click the Ohio PCOs and Cleveland PCOs tags that I added above. The Cleveland tag may also help. Also search for other nearby large cities in the search box. PCOs often service a few cities, sometimes even crossing state lines.

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."
  5. BBNewbie

newbite

Posted 6 years ago
    Fri Jul 19 2013 10:05:18
    #

Login to Send PM

You can also go the the Better Business Bureau site. I looked at it and there are several that you can research. Good luck!!

S

6. BbBlooz

newbite

Posted 6 years ago
    Fri Jul 19 2013 16:37:49
    #

Login to Send PM

Thank you Nobugsonme & BBNewbie. I did some more research on the landlord/tenant laws & according to what I've found my landlord is legally responsible. I made some phone calls & will have to put everything in writing for landlord to correct the conditions of my home to make it fit & habitable. The health dept has to be contacted & they will send an inspector out. If my landlord doesn't take care of it within 30days, I have to pay my rent to Clerk of Courts until I am bb free! I am also entitled to reimburstment for any extensive cleaning I may have to do.

I think the reason landlord doesn't want health dept involved is due to the black mold & asbestos in my basement I saw last month.

I am so grateful for this site. Again thanks!

7. rs1971

oldtimer

Posted 6 years ago
    Fri Jul 19 2013 20:54:09
    #

Login to Send PM

Some of what you're saying doesn't entirely make sense. Bed bug bites down usually burn and especially not immediately after. Also, if you've really had an infestation for 4 months, you should be getting a lot more bites and it shouldn't be too hard to find evidence. You should do a thorough inspection of your sleeping area and post photos of whatever you find that you think is suspicious.

8. BbBlooz

newbite

Posted 6 years ago
    Wed Aug 14 2013 5:27:04
    #

Login to Send PM

rs1971 - 3 weeks ago  » 
    Some of what you're saying doesn't entirely make sense. Bed bug bites down usually burn and especially not immediately after. Also, if you've really had an infestation for 4 months, you should be getting a lot more bites and it shouldn't be too hard to find evidence. You should do a thorough inspection of your sleeping area and post photos of whatever you find that you think is suspicious.

rs1971, I don't know how the bites "usually" are for others, but for my sensitive skin they do burn, swell up to the size of a half dollar, & stay bright red til they go away. Each time I awoke to an intense burning sensation I was able to capture the bug that fed on me still fresh & full of blood. I discovered 1 bb in March, then a tiny bb fall off my head scarf into the bathroom sink in mid May, then the one last month. Kept them in a jar & had them confirmed. Prior to March I haven't experienced any bites or seen bugs, nor have I seen feces, skins, eggs, or harbored bbs. Is it a 4 month long infestation & shouldn't I be lined from the rooter to the tooter with bites, or did I just get 3 bbs from borrowing a friend's radio? Trust me, I'm more bewildered by this than you are.

Since last month I haven't seen anything in any of my sleeping areas, CO2 traps through out house including basement & attic have caught nothing. Sticky taped beds are clear & my friend's exterminator sprayed for me for free.

What I am finding is that I'm forever changed by this ordeal. I'm more vigilant to the point of paranoia now checking bottoms of my shoes & bags when coming home, still living outta contractor bags, had my car sprayed just in case, & I even LED light check the cable guy & make him leave his tools on the porch.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

297,355 posts in 50,178 topics over 155 months by 21,932 of 22,430 members. Latest: Beachhouse, bbguy, Ladybug1993