Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Bed Bug Treatment

Corn Starch? Steam? Spray? Valid Treatments or No?

(4 posts)
  1. Itchybutdealing

Posted 11 years ago
    Thu Apr 10 2008 20:42:29
    #

Login to Send PM

My PCO will be coming back for the 3rd time tomorrow to retreat the whole house. He says that he will be using steam and spray like before, but also corn starch. What does that do? We have a toddler in the house so pesticide dust is a no no. What about Bonide has anyone had luck with that? Thanks so much for your input.

2. angie

Posted 11 years ago
    Fri Apr 11 2008 14:46:38
    #

Login to Send PM

I have no idea what corn starch will do as it is not an abrasive. It would coat the bugs but I don't think it will harm them in anyway. Its a new one to me. Now the dust is bad with kids but if it is placed behind the trim and you vaccum the floor before the kids start playing, they should be okay. I have 4 kids and do home daycare and the PCO was very careful when he dusted. It just takes some caution, but it can be done.

3. Itchybutdealing

Posted 11 years ago
    Fri Apr 11 2008 19:02:32
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi Angie,

Ends up that they just sprayed with a few different sprays, Corn starch just under the mattress cover (don't know why), and lots of steam. They say that they don't use powders because they don't feel it is as effective as sprays and steams. Also they probably don't want the liability with kids around. Let;s hope for the best on round #3.

Thanks for your input.

4. Bugless

Posted 11 years ago
    Fri Apr 11 2008 20:12:42
    #

Login to Send PM

Corn starch is an extremely fine powder. Could it be that it clogs the breathing spiracles of insects? This is just a guess.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

295,940 posts in 49,855 topics over 154 months by 21,816 of 22,282 members. Latest: bobtheworry, Whiskeygirl, bbquest19