Conventional treatment: door left open

(2 posts)
  1. fmlimscared

newbite

Posted 2 months ago
    Thu Feb 7 2019 19:45:57
    #

Login to Send PM

I had a conventional treatment of my bedroom only today. When I got home after the specified time the door to the bedroom was wide open. Is this okay? I would think that the door should be closed so the treatment chemicals could stay in the room and not disperse, and bed bugs would not have a chance to flee. Post-treatment instructions say that you should open the door and windows when you get home. I’m just worried that the treatment won’t work because the door was open. I’ve called my PCO about it and am waiting for a call back.

2. SalsaVince

Posted 2 months ago
    Thu Feb 7 2019 20:50:15
    #

Login to Send PM

The reason they tell you to open doors and windows is for ventilation for your sake. It probably aids in speeding up the time to dry as well. The spray is a residual which needs to dry on surfaces so that the bugs will walk across it and be exposed to it. It's not like a bug bomb that needs to be concentrated in the air to make contact with them so having the door open would not hinder the treatment. I also don't think you need to worry about the bugs leaving your room because the door was open. For one thing, they are very content to stay put until you are in bed sleeping at night and want to come out for a meal. Secondly, the door being open or closed isn't going to affect the movement of bugs which can easily go under, above, around the standard interior door frame...if they wanted to, which is unlikely during a small early stage infestation with an occupied bedroom. The experts can probably give you a better explanation.

"If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles."
    Not an expert. Just a survivor who's still learning.
    Vince

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

287,541 posts in 47,911 topics over 148 months by 21,107 of 21,446 members. Latest: nyc-bedbugs, needhelp1111, urka1234