Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » General Topics

Convection oven to heat and kill bb's?

(3 posts)
  1. lynnee82

Posted 10 years ago
    Sun Nov 16 2008 22:53:02
    #

Login to Send PM

I have a glass round convection oven. I have been experimenting with it. I put a freezer zip lock bag and oven thermometer in it for 30 min. It can stay consistently at 150 degrees and the zip lock bag does not melt. I also put the thermometer in the bag to be sure it got hot inside the bag as well. It stayed at 150 degrees inside the bag as well as outside. Now I have the contents of my purse in a zip lock bag inside the convection oven. I am monitoring it to be sure it stays at 150 degrees. Does anyone have an opinion if this is effective? I will order a packtite when they come in stock but for now would this work for small stuff?

2. BakedBedBugs

Posted 10 years ago
    Tue Nov 18 2008 1:53:58
    #

Login to Send PM

Sure this could work on small items but so would a shoe rack in your dryer, and it would probably be safer.

There are many risks to what you are trying to do. You could catch these items on fire or not get the core temperature hot enough. What makes you sure that you need to do this? Have you thoroughly inspected these items? Would you be able to just wipe them down with alcohol? etc, etc.

Best of luck!
    Tony Canevaro

3. lynnee82

Posted 10 years ago
    Tue Nov 18 2008 14:02:26
    #

Login to Send PM

I guess I am just being paranoid. I want to be sure there are no eggs on small things like my wallet. I have ordered the packtite now, so I will put things in it when it arrives. This paranoia is so hard to overcome! I think bb eggs can be anywhere and there is no way to alcohol/clean every surface. I wonder if I will ever feel safe and bug free again!

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

295,802 posts in 49,808 topics over 154 months by 21,798 of 22,264 members. Latest: ireallydontwantbedbugs, bbinquiry_1, Smar1991