Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Detection / Identification of bed bugs

Continuing issues--which direction should I take?

(6 posts)
  1. robinsmom

oldtimer

Posted 4 years ago
    Thu Jan 29 2015 0:03:02
    #

Login to Send PM

Posted 5 hours ago
    Wed Jan 28 2015 18:38:22
    #

Per no bugs request have posted this as a new thread.
    Question: trusted the
    Pro. Got worse . Now what? Call new
    Guy, or treat myself?

Sigh...am promised full refund, but nothing replaces the fact that 3 more months have gone by, or the fact I was (told by pco to) treating for fleas, or the fact my landlord is now threatening to sell the house and thus evict me.

Pluses: i m promised full refund.
    Minuses: will NEVER trust my sofa again.
    Pluses: thanks to this site, I have a better idea what direction to take
    Minuses: do I trust myself to take that "right direction"?

My cat is again seeking high areas to sleep on. I was bitten soon after picking him up...also around same time I examined my sofa.

I'm also worried they may be in my coat too, as my coat is hung outside my door tithe apartment.

I've gone from maybe 1-2 simultaneous bites a week to that many or more every night, especially recently, as if a whole batch just hatched. I worry they're in my place--and I also worry they might also be coming from apartents below me.

With my $900 coming...do I
    Treat myself and buy dry streamer
    Or
    Contract the guy who said he'd treat my place too to botton with temprid for $600, once--but only after I steamed my sofa
    Or
    Encase sofa abd chairs and treat with Cirkil or the like, and self treat and steam the rest of my place
    Or
    After 3 months, just throw everything away, and use the money to start over somewhere else?

I have choices, but i can't know if any of them will work.

I'm not an expert just a dumb struggling bed bugger like every body else.
  2. Richard56

oldtimer

Posted 4 years ago
    Thu Jan 29 2015 9:35:09
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi, I don't like any of your choices.

I'm assuming Lou has ruled out Batbugs or Birdbugs? If so, next you have to rule out a local source infestation. If you have good reason to believe the problem is in the building as a whole, then you have to get that taken care of first before you can solve problem in your unit with a degree of certainty. For that you need either landlord/tenant cooperation or a lawyer. If neither is feasible, then the rest of sort of academic.

But assuming it's not local source, or you decide to treat anyway with very crossed fingers, then I would find a good local PCO and leave the job entirely to them, other than follow their instructions to the letter.

From what I've seen here, the majority of people do not have the time, knowledge, skills and the temperament to do a successful DIY treatment, especially in a situation that has been ongoing as long as yours. What they end up doing is a shotgun or haphazard approach sometimes using all the right stuff -- sometimes not -- but using it incorrectly, and not in an integrated fashion. The fact that you're still focusing "on the couch" or "on a coat", or "your cats movements", etc., tells me that you, like most, should not be handling the problem yourself. And the one-shot pro for $600 doesn't sound very promising, as you need a full service, not a single shot. There have to be some good professionals in your area? Paul seems to have a broad network he is in touch with and perhaps he can recommend someone to you.

But back to the local source. If that's truly the problem, then moving is always an option. Don't know the value of your belongings, but instead of throwing stuff away, you might consider having the moving truck either heat treated or fumigated with Vikane. Good luck.

Richard

3. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 4 years ago
    Thu Jan 29 2015 9:40:51
    #

Login to Send PM

Moving won't help if the local source is a place visited by RM; work, relative, business, etc...

4. Richard56

oldtimer

Posted 4 years ago
    Thu Jan 29 2015 10:04:47
    #

Login to Send PM

BD; Moving won't help if the local source is a place visited by RM; work, relative, business, etc...
    -------------
    Glad you mentioned that. I was using a more narrow definition of "local source" as I remembered something about issues with neighbors.

If it turns out the local source is other than with the building, then no reason to move. If it turns out it's in the building, then moving is a definite option if the landlord will not cooperate. If it turns out that there are multiple local source issues, then you need a plan depending on individual circumstances, and that plan could include moving.

Richard

5. robinsmom

oldtimer

Posted 4 years ago
    Thu Jan 29 2015 16:35:18
    #

Login to Send PM

Thank you for the input.

My workplace has been treated numerous times-- they recently cleaned up an area of missing tiles near my desk that was black and hid insects well. They also had a bb canine in. Must have cleared the area bc all glue monitirs have been removed. No one else there had ever complained of bites, but I believe that's due to day shift being perpetually bright and busy. When they leave, they turn the lights off, and the place goes quiet. I come in anywhere from 1-6 hours later, after the Suns gone down.

Now I have an interesting tidbit that might help. A lady stayed with me in March overnight. I thought she was a friend. She stayed on my sofa. This was around Marvh 20. She's known to be mean--I was quite ill and semi conscious and things were stolen I believe. She can be cruel and is a sociopath. (Did not fully comprehend this at the time.)

She told me she saw a bb on my bathroom door, crawling up the door. I told here I didn't have bb. Which as far as I knew I didn't... I thought she was being cruel. If it helps, I hang my bathrobe on the door....

Upon recently examining my bathroom, I found a couple of what look like either blood or rust stains behind my toilet. I am quite sure they have always been there.

What I have never said here is around January I recieved an odd threat of sorts on social media. Without going into further detail, it said something about 'a "guest" on (or under)' my couch. My guest in March was acting very strangely and had I been healthier Id have booted her. She was getting phone calls where she became quite frightened, and began to babble on concerning what I was wearing... Like she was trying to prove to someone what I was wearing. She later td me she would hurt me if she was paid to do so. Without going into detail I do believe someone had it out for me--and still probably does. (Does no good to explain further.)

All in all, a strange business.

The guy in the basement, I am told, is moving out. I'm told his apt is a wreck. He's a very weird man, who I've caught breaking into people's trash. Major troublemaker too, from what's been told to me. Hates everybody behind their back . So for him to have bb is possible, but how possible I can't know, as my landlords haven't been in the apartment for years and years. The apt below me was empty all summer, until recently.

Yes, this bb thing just does not seem to fit any pattern, but maybe they never do?

6. AbsolutelyFreaking

oldtimer

Posted 4 years ago
    Fri Jan 30 2015 10:31:28
    #

Login to Send PM

robinsmom -  » 
    She later td me she would hurt me if she was paid to do so. Without going into detail I do believe someone had it out for me--and still probably does. (Does no good to explain further.)

You can't put this out there for all to read and then just leave us hanging! Do tell!!!!

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

297,415 posts in 50,190 topics over 156 months by 21,934 of 22,435 members. Latest: esedndwi, Help123, Bedbugdaydreams