Consider the kitchen for empty apartments

(3 posts)
  1. Rick_C123

newbite

Posted 6 days ago
    Tue Mar 12 2019 14:43:02
    #

Login to Send PM

It's been a couple months since I treated with thorough cleaning, rug shampoo, Temprid FX and light Cimxa dusting.

No BBs showing up in CO2 trap monitors and no live or dead BBs discovered anywhere.

Been painting and doing various repairs around my rental unit which has been kept at around 76 F this winter.

So last week, I pulled out the refrigerator from it's cubby to clean back there. Counted 67 dead adult bedbugs and numerous small nymphs before I quit counting. Also maybe one or two roaches. All dead. I had done a spray of Temprid under the fridge in the beginning and a few light puff of Cimexa. PCO had done a heavy handed application of DE before I started my own treatment.

I suspect, once the tenant was gone and there was no source of CO2 or infrared radiation from a living source, these bold bed bugs migrated to the kitchen where the condensor motor and evaporator coils were expelling heat. The pilot light from the stove might also be producing CO2 to attract them to the kitchen as well.

Be careful, not to spray pesticides on walls or surfaces above the counters where you would prepare food, or wash/store dishes.

2. SalsaVince

Posted 5 days ago
    Tue Mar 12 2019 15:40:25
    #

Login to Send PM

That's really interesting Rick. Thanks for posting and glad to hear you've had so much success in your fight. You might have to consider pest control as a new profession with as much work and research you've put into this.

"If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles."
    Not an expert. Just a survivor who's still learning.
    Vince
  3. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 5 days ago
    Tue Mar 12 2019 15:52:14
    #

Login to Send PM

Alternately that was the only place free of pesticides, either way dead is dead.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

286,253 posts in 47,652 topics over 147 months by 21,005 of 21,326 members. Latest: scaredincanada, BleuRoses, mab1017