(3 posts)
  1. StressedinAK

newbite

Posted 5 years ago
    Wed Apr 2 2014 18:15:51
    #

Login to Send PM

Hello,

I've been reading for awhile and decided to join and vent/get my story out there. It all started early January when I was cleaning and found a dead bug that was unlike any other I've seen, I showed my boyfriend and then he proceeds to tell me the place he was staying previously was infested with BB. Great why tell me now! I guess I was in denial for a while and hoping it was just an isolated incident and maybe a dead bed bug fell from his clothes. We inspected and researched on the internet and didn't find bugs or signs. the next couple months I was unsure, I would get itchy spots occasionally but nothing substantial or often and neither my bf or son would. A couple weeks ago I woke up with three big welts on my neck, that was it I knew I had to have BB so I inspect again. This time I found a casing and a live BB on my sofa. Disgusting!

Here's my situation: I live in a 2 bedroom single family home. No signs on BB in my 2nd bedroom, I called a PCO and they came out recently. Inspected, couldn't find signs in my room, but they must be there just hiding really well. They did find some in the sofa. They sprayed/dusted and put climb ups on the beds. The next morning I found one in one of the climb ups in my bed. This whole ordeal is stressing me out, I have a young son, and a house guest and I am terrified of spreading it! My son sometimes visits my parents so I am beyond stressed and paranoid of giving this nightmare to them, there's 4 people at there house with a lot of stuff. They have not been bitten , and I personally been inspecting and found no signs, but I know how elusive these bastards are as I was not seeing signs. I am a full time student, I cannot concentrate on homework or work, these things are constantly on my mind. The PCO is scheduled to come back in 2 weeks. Until then I plan to vacuum/ bag and seal, and place sticky tape around. I hate this, I am glad for this forum to read of others experiences. I am hoping the infestation isn't too bad, I've read and seen some horror stories on the internet and that hasn't been the case for me. I just finally seen some live bugs last week after I folded the arm rest on the sofa up.

Any words of advice/encouragement would be greatly appreciated. I am more worried of having spread or spreading these things than anything. So far so good. My son doesn't visit too often and when he does he doesn't take much items, sometimes people from my parents will visit but not often. I have never stayed there.

2. theyareoutthere

oldtimer

Posted 5 years ago
    Wed Apr 2 2014 18:32:33
    #

Login to Send PM

There are stories of people who had them for months before they knew and they didn't spread. They are less likely to spread in a low infestation.

It would be wise to read the Travel FAQS so you know what to do when you visit people.

Good luck. This must be so hard.

They
    Are
    Out
    There
    = TAOT
  3. StressedinAK

newbite

Posted 5 years ago
    Wed Apr 2 2014 18:36:20
    #

Login to Send PM

Thanks. I now am careful when taking him up to visit, new clean clothes, and minimum items. But still, that fear is there. I have a question. Should I wrap my sofa in heavy duty plastic or throw it out? I think it might be worth it to do one or the other rather than keep it or keep it and not have it encased.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

296,696 posts in 50,018 topics over 155 months by 21,870 of 22,352 members. Latest: paintersmelbourne, Mercy Me, mrdinosaur