Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Bed bug bites, skin, etc.

Concerned about low infestation.

(3 posts)
  1. Prometheus

newbite

Posted 3 months ago
    Mon May 6 2019 22:31:51
    #

Login to Send PM

So recently about a month and some change I noticed small bites on my hands just a couple and naturally it caused some alarm, past exposure, with me. I promptly checked the corners and seams of my mattress, tore up the box spring, cleared out some of the clutter still nothing. I had a PCO come out and inspect he said he didn’t see anything until he found what he said was a dead BB but the only thing I have found were a live carpet beetle and a cast skin from a carpet beetle. He suggest they might be in the walls. So my question is on whether or not they would avoid the bed and lay within the walls. The bites or if they’re bites have occurred post the pco

2. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 3 months ago
    Tue May 7 2019 3:25:16
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

For various reasons I am certain your PCO did not show you the dead bedbug and the “they might be in the walls line” it’s a huge “red flag”.

I do not believe that PCO is competent based on what you have said and “treating for bedbugs” without the actual confirming signs is not ethical behaviour.

I would strongly advise that you monitor which will either illustrate you don’t have an issue or could resolve a light issue by the TbyPMR protocol.

Bedbugs when behaving naturally will choose to occupy the spaces within 3 foot of the head of a food source not “within the walls” as some rogues claim. In fact bedbugs only end up in such places if driven there through expensive but incorrect treatment methods.

Hope that’s clear.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

If you have found this information helpful please consider leaving feedback on social media via google+ or FaceBook or by like/loving the images.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC (legal requirements) I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about products.
  3. Prometheus

newbite

Posted 3 months ago
    Tue May 7 2019 14:54:49
    #

Login to Send PM

Yea he didn’t show me personally which was my room. He didn’t recommend treatment at the time because there wasn’t a need to but like I said I’ve monitored over a month post the pco and can’t find anything. I’m purchasing interceptors for confirmation but hopefully it’s the aforementioned carpet beetles because I’ve found a few long hairy insects over that span too. So we’ll see in dew time.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

293,668 posts in 49,313 topics over 152 months by 21,611 of 22,037 members. Latest: Jaded48, ctd2289, N52B30AE