Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Bed bug bites, skin, etc.

Complicated Issue - please help!

(3 posts)
  1. kristi5656

newbite

Posted 5 months ago
    Tue May 14 2019 21:14:33
    #

Login to Send PM

This is a bit of a story. Back in mid-March I visited a hotel for one night and thought I received bed bug bites on my back and neck; I didn’t realize this until about 5 days later when I was traveling again. These bites were “slef-identified”. When I realized I might have bed bug bites I immediately sent an exterminator over. I was in the clear (he didn’t find any evidence but I can’t tell how long he searched since I wasn’t there). Cut to about 3 weeks later, using my same suitcase I had traveled over the course of the 3 weeks to 6 other cities, going home each weekend in between. I had no bites. By week 4 of travels I had gone to visit my grandma and immediately got one bite on my elbow, which was itchy but more painful. By the way the bites originally on my back we’re not itchy. The others in the house all the sudden we’re getting bites as well, but only 1-2 who was there for 4 days. I return home, and a week later I got 7 very itchy bites on my stomach. I immediately call exterminator - again visual inspection is negative. About a week and a half later, a couple bites on my neck that were super itchy for about an hour. A week later a single bite on my lower back - all itchy. Now today, I have a very painful mark on my left hip, never itchy. I am going crazy because I’ve done so much looking, have gotten professionals, put bed bug interceptors down, put a CO2 volcano monitor, out down Cimexa and still nothing! I can’t decide if this is some skin allergy or an actual issue I need to throw more money into. The professionals won’t treat until they have identification.. I have not seen a bed bug nor do I feel like I’m getting bitten as frequently as I should if I had them. My grandma however confirmed she had bed bugs in her couch about 3/4 weeks after I went there. She has since gotten treatment (actually saw them running around and saw about 3-4 of them in the couch)
    1. What is the chance that after all that traveling the bed bugs decided to come out at my grandmas house (or could they have been there?). Could they have reproduced that fast and come out of my luggage to her house AND back to my house. I only seemed to get this bite after my grandma told me she had bites (and it was the day after she told me that I found the bites)
    2. I want to take this seriously but I can’t find evidence, what should I do?
    3. Is there a chance that this is in my head/I’m having maybe a different skin reaction?

Basically I’m having a full on freak out but not sure what to do. I feel like I am at this standstill but have no logical direction. Any help or advice you could give me would be so appreciated!!

2. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 5 months ago
    Wed May 15 2019 5:46:18
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

Take a deep breath and come at this from a different angle:

https://www.bed-bugs.co.uk/educational/schrodingers-bed-bug/

This will help you to understand that with some people bedbugs have deep rooted causes for the feeling of panic, sometimes this dates back generations and is not something that you can have initial conscious control over.

In such cases you need to learn to relax and be mindful of the control it can have over you, here are some resources to help:

https://www.bed-bugs.co.uk/relaxation-resources/

Equally the fact that we have spent such time creating these resources is testimony to their need, as is the fact we can sign post to two clinical therapists who are specifically trained to recognize the deep rooted nature of some of these issues.

With a clearer head it is easier to see the logic in monitoring to confirm the signs rather than basis things on emotives and how you feel.

It can be overwhelming at the start and there is a lot to take in which is compounded by a natural tendency to panic. The other option is to not play that gave, to take a break, clear your head and put that time into reading with less stressed brain cells.

Hope that resonates.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

I am happy to answer questions in public but will not reply to message sent directly or via my company / social media. I am here to help everyone and not just one case at a time.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about pro
  3. olivia

newbite

Posted 5 months ago
    Wed May 22 2019 15:06:32
    #

Login to Send PM

I went a brought bb covers for my mattress and box spring and i still see bb, i don't know where there coming from, and i have lost days of sleep. pls help.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

296,004 posts in 49,869 topics over 154 months by 21,823 of 22,291 members. Latest: Lzrdeyes, bnorth, Nl9045