Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Bed Bug Treatment

Community input...

(2 posts)
  1. psychologically_messed_up

Posted 2 years ago
    Tue Aug 22 2017 22:22:52
    #

Login to Send PM

I wasn't going to post a new thread... but I am curious... I believed we were doing well in our fight. Hadn't seen anything, no fresh bites, nothing at all in a few weeks. Then, boom- I see a freshly fed, bright Red 1st instar. Then, the next day, I see another one. My husband doesn't react, and I'm finding them in places where he's been (like his gamer chair). Is this normal? Like, are we just now seeing the eggs we may have missed? Because I'm stumped. And getting angry. Lol

"When you hear hoofbeats, think horses not zebras" Theodore Woodward

I am, by no means, a pro. I'm simply a person that has had unfortunate luck, and somehow acquired the little guys.
    Any/all 'advice' I have to share is based on my own personal history and/or things I've read from the professionals on this site.
    My profession is medical, which is where I am confident in any advice I give, however rare it may be.
  2. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 2 years ago
    Thu Aug 24 2017 17:27:03
    #

Login to Send PM

Residual sprays and dusts don't kill eggs-- you have to wait for them to hatch and cross poison to die. So this is normal if the PCO did not find every egg, which is fairly typical.

Stay strong! You probably should get a follow up inspection/treatment (these are usually done at two week intervals and it's better not to wait to see something-- ideally they come and look).

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

296,893 posts in 50,057 topics over 155 months by 21,882 of 22,369 members. Latest: sai, Mary Borges, Pleasebegone2019