Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » General Topics

College Freshman and Bedbugs(Help&advice)

(3 posts)
  1. t.h.e.hope

newbite

Posted 8 years ago
    Mon Aug 8 2011 12:30:53
    #

Login to Send PM

[/b]The Situation:
    I want to get out of this infested apartment. I am considering taking out a loan so I can dorm and not have to worry about bed bugs and the host of other problems the bring in my first year of college start in 3 weeks. I want to have the best college opportunity possible educational and socially. I don't want to have to worry about getting close to people or not getting enough sleep etc. I also don't want to worry about bringing them where ever I decide to live?

[b]What should I do/is the best thing to do in this situation?

[b]About me
    -Living in NYC,18,f,1 bed room apartment,household of 3,pack rats of the worst kind,infested almost one year(1st bite oct 2010...1st bb spotted winter 2010),poor(min wage part time),parent refuses to get exterminator or even really have a serious talk about the issue,the winter was the worst-bitten all over regularly, slept in layers for comfort, lots of money spent on laundry/plastic bags,clothes ruined from high heat drying,clothes thrown away,was a senior in hs,missed parties,lost sleep, extremely depressed and unfocused,slumlord,makes repairs as cheap quick and temporary fixes, the apartment is barely habitable, faucets are broken, a light switch, moldy bathroom, no beds sleep on floor, no consistent/unified plan to get rid of them or have things repaired,feeling isolated/anxious/worried,works min wage/part-time,looking for new job/alternative places to live, we fight alot with the added stress,emotionally harmed and sometimes physically

2. Y

newbite

Posted 8 years ago
    Fri Aug 12 2011 4:52:23
    #

Login to Send PM

I can't help with all your other problems, but in NYC it's usually the landlord/management company's responsibility to treat bedbug infestations (pretty sure it's law). Call up your management company or landlord to report the infestation and arrange an exterminator.

3. cilecto

oldtimer

Posted 8 years ago
    Fri Aug 12 2011 7:02:41
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi, you are stuck in a difficult situation, dependent on the cooperation of others, who are not cooperating. Are your siblings older or younger? If we gave you the "ammunition" (in the form of knowledge/literature that can help qualify what you're up against), could you enlist someone your parent respects who you can enlist to try and advocate for you?

If you can't help the situation at home, and you have the option to live somewhere where there are responsible people in charge (a well run dorm, the military), we can give you tips on how to get you and your stuff out safely.

Meanwhile, please review our FAQ "end to end". They have a lot of hints that can make your life easier.

Thou shalt not be afraid for the terror by night...
    - Psalms 91:5-7

(Not an pro)

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

295,940 posts in 49,855 topics over 154 months by 21,816 of 22,282 members. Latest: bobtheworry, Whiskeygirl, bbquest19