Clover Mite or Bed Bug nymph

(2 posts)
  1. ParanoidandExhausted

newbite

Posted 10 months ago
    Thu Jul 19 2018 19:18:28
    #

Login to Send PM

So I was sitting at work today minding my own damn business when I feel something crawling across the top of my chest. I am not sure exactly what it was, but I’m concerned it could’ve been a bed bug. Unfortunately, I didn’t get a picture of it - the subsequent murder happened so fast. It was really very red, though. I’ve seen bed bugs before, and they’re brownish. This one was noticeably red. When I squished him, it left a bright red smear on my skin, which easily wiped away. I’m wondering if it was a clover mite, or maybe (hopefully not) a bed bug nymph who just fed or something.

Either way I didn’t bring anything into my apartment with me but the dress I’m wearing, which I immediately ripped off and stuffed in a ziplock back and took back out to my trunk.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

2. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 10 months ago
    Thu Jul 19 2018 23:07:03
    #

Login to Send PM

If you another, one key is that while bed bug first instar nymphs that have fed have a red body, their legs and head are not red. See third photo here: https://bedbugger.com/bed-bug-images/

Clover mites don’t look anything like bed bugs, and their legs are red as well as their bodies.

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

288,593 posts in 48,155 topics over 149 months by 21,218 of 21,572 members. Latest: stennisplayer07, mobert, Bedbug5594