Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Tools/ideas for fighting bed bugs

Climbup Interceptor Price Question

(11 posts)
  1. NoBB

Posted 8 years ago
    Thu May 26 2011 2:50:51
    #

Login to Send PM

I found a 12-ct Climbup Interceptor deal on Amazon for $35. Is that too good to be true?

For reference, the 12 piece pack is priced at $59 on USBedbugs.

Should I be weary and order the more expensive ones? But the ones on Amazon look to be the same product...

2. rAVENSFAN99

Posted 8 years ago
    Thu May 26 2011 6:48:21
    #

Login to Send PM

The seller has really high feedback and is a liquidator of overstocked inventory. You should be fine. The "original price" seems inflated to begin with. This is a decent deal.

3. toledo

Posted 8 years ago
    Thu May 26 2011 7:46:08
    #

Login to Send PM

There's a good chance the seller actually IS US Bed Bugs. That's what I found out when I ordered my Climb-Ups on Amazon last week. Apparently they also do business as North Shore and a couple other names, with lower prices.

4. rAVENSFAN99

Posted 8 years ago
    Thu May 26 2011 11:04:02
    #

Login to Send PM

It looks like several vendors are offering this price, all "fulfilled by Amazon." When you see that, it means the item is already at Amazon's warehouses. I'm not sure exactly how the price is set, but they're either all the same company or they all have computer algorithms working that change their prices according to the competition. Either way, it doesn't matter; the item is at Amazon and will be sent by Amazon, and I'm sure it's the same item you can buy in the stores.

5. NoBB

Posted 8 years ago
    Thu May 26 2011 20:31:08
    #

Login to Send PM

That's interesting. I just didn't want have any quality problems.

Thx guys for answering my question!

6. northshoreadam

newbite

Posted 8 years ago
    Fri May 27 2011 0:05:00
    #

Login to Send PM

Just remember that anything that is sold on Amazon that says "fulfilled by Amazon" ships to you from Amazon's warehouses. Since Amazon takes returns no questions asked, we can not assure that any of those items were not previously a returned item.

However, anything purchased on our usbedbugs.com site is guaranteed factory new as we do not accept returns for any reason.

7. NoBB

Posted 8 years ago
    Fri May 27 2011 1:31:38
    #

Login to Send PM

northshoreadam,

So Climb-up Interceptors that are "fulfilled by Amazon" could be USED Interceptors? How likely -- and how unlikely?

That's horrifying. I certainly hope they don't come with "used" bed bugs.

I can't believe Amazon's warehouses doesn't have a policy to prevent selling people used items -- especially when it comes to a bed bug trap!

-NoBB

8. rAVENSFAN99

Posted 8 years ago
    Fri May 27 2011 10:48:07
    #

Login to Send PM

Amazon's policy does state that they will only accept new, unopened items as returns, but Climb-Ups come in a box that is easily opened and re-closed. It would be hard to tell if they were used.

That being said, I think the chances are low that someone would return them. They're not that expensive, and return shipping is a hassle and costs money. You'd most likely be able to tell if they were used, and besides, you can wash them before using them.

If you want the piece of mind, get them wherever you feel safe.

9. toledo

Posted 8 years ago
    Fri May 27 2011 13:10:05
    #

Login to Send PM

Oh, for Heaven's sake! Amazon sells both new and used items. If you order new, they're going to ship you new. If you want to pay more to deal directly with U.S. Bed Bugs, instead of North Shore (northshoreadam....Get it??!), then go right ahead.

10. rAVENSFAN99

Posted 8 years ago
    Fri May 27 2011 14:20:19
    #

Login to Send PM

I don't think 'Adam is denying that US BED BUGS and NORTH SHORE SUPPLY are owned by the same entity; I think he's simply stating that if you buy directly from US BED BUGS, the product comes directly from him and not from Amazon's warehouse.

As a third-party vendor, North Shore Supply should have faith in the warehouse storing its inventory (in this case, Amazon's warehouses) but of course cannot 100% guarantee you won't be getting a used item.

11. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 8 years ago
    Sat May 28 2011 1:29:36
    #

Login to Send PM

ravensfan is correct -- US Bed Bugs has a strict no-returns policy which may seem harsh, but is there to protect you (more on why we like their policy in our Useful Stuff page).

You don't want to get an encasement someone applied to their bed, repackaged and sent back to Amazon. (Some encasements come zipped in packages which, again, could be sent back without Amazon noticing.)

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

296,776 posts in 50,036 topics over 155 months by 21,875 of 22,360 members. Latest: Mikayah, maybeebedbugs, jnnafnlys01