Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Tools/ideas for fighting bed bugs

Climbup Insect Interceptor Video

(19 posts)
  1. JWhiteBBCTV

Posted 10 years ago
    Fri Feb 27 2009 13:54:31
    #

Login to Send PM

As mentioned, we filmed an informative video about the Climbup Insect Interceptors and it's officially up at: http://tv.bedbugcentral.com/

It's the first video on the page and this should explain the basics of the trap, some things to consider and other miscellaneous topics about the trap.

Just so everyone is aware who isn't familiar with the Viddler video player. You can actually comment in the video. Where the minutes scroll across the bottom, if you click on the little plus on the right side you can leave a comment that will pop up in the minutes bar as it plays or you can just comment by clicking on the blue box at the top.

If anyone thinks of anything else they'd like to know about the trap please ask away. I'm not sure I'll have all the answers since it's so new but questions can't hurt.

2. reepicheep

newbite

Posted 10 years ago
    Fri Feb 27 2009 19:21:52
    #

Login to Send PM

I have two questions:
    1. In all the testing done, was there ever an instance when a bed bug was able to crawl over the talc out of either of the wells?

2. Is the powder used in the well the same talcum powder that is used in baby powder?

Thanks!

3. JWhiteBBCTV

Posted 10 years ago
    Sat Feb 28 2009 22:00:39
    #

Login to Send PM

1. I'm not completely sure since a bunch of different people have been working on different aspects of the testing with these monitors but from what I know, bugs have not been able to escape if the wells are properly talc'd. I will never say never but the results of talc vs. no talc are drastically different. With the talc the bugs have a very difficult time getting out and to my knowledge, haven't been able to.

2. That is something that I know the manufacturer has been looking at. I would say to buy the highest concentration of talc you can find (I'm not sure what percentage baby powder is) and go with that. As more knowledge becomes available in regards to which talc/product works best, I will provide it.

4. JimmyChanga

Posted 10 years ago
    Sat Feb 28 2009 23:45:57
    #

Login to Send PM

My bottle of baby powder says "ingredients: TALC, FRAGRANCE". So I'm pretty sure baby powder will do the job, and leave the BBs smelling good afterwards too!

5. spideyjg

oldtimer

Posted 10 years ago
    Sun Mar 1 2009 0:26:25
    #

Login to Send PM

Nice vids Jeff.

Jim

6. OutOutDarnBugs

Posted 10 years ago
    Sun Mar 1 2009 1:56:54
    #

Login to Send PM

JimmyChanga - 2 hours ago  » 
    ...and leave the BBs smelling good afterwards too!

As they DIE! Bwahaha. Oh... sorry!

7. JWhiteBBCTV

Posted 10 years ago
    Sun Mar 1 2009 22:20:40
    #

Login to Send PM

Thanks Jim.

In regards to the fragrance, you just have to make sure it's not repellent to the bugs. Given, I'm not sure how a homeowner would check that but as I said, the experts are looking into it.

8. bitten123

Posted 10 years ago
    Mon Mar 2 2009 10:08:42
    #

Login to Send PM

Jeff, super job as always! I'm curious where to buy these? I followed the link but it says from a distributor...how do I find who sells these? thanks!

9. paulaw0919

oldtimer

Posted 10 years ago
    Mon Mar 2 2009 10:52:58
    #

Login to Send PM

Cooper's site sells them as well as a few other sites. Here's a link.

http://shop.bedbugcentral.com/

10. JWhiteBBCTV

Posted 10 years ago
    Mon Mar 2 2009 11:06:19
    #

Login to Send PM

Thanks bitten and Paula is right. Bed Bug Central does sell them. I was trying not to mention that since I try to avoid the marketing aspect of this stuff but the bottom line is that there just aren't a lot of places to get these yet.

11. bitten123

Posted 10 years ago
    Mon Mar 2 2009 14:07:16
    #

Login to Send PM

Thanks for the link Paula, it is appreciated.
    And Jeff, I totally understand why you would want to avoid any marketing...kind of the stance Consumer Reports take. Thanks guys!

12. spideyjg

oldtimer

Posted 10 years ago
    Mon Mar 2 2009 15:34:47
    #

Login to Send PM

In regards to the issue of the legs punching through the bottom it should be very easy to go to Home Depot or similar and get small hunks of plywood or stone to sit under them for reinforcement.

Jim

13. MyWorstFear

Posted 10 years ago
    Mon Mar 2 2009 16:51:02
    #

Login to Send PM

I tried to watch and I get video but no sound...anyone know what I'm doing wrong? My computer isn't set to mute. Thanks.

14. pleasenotme

Posted 10 years ago
    Tue Mar 3 2009 10:06:34
    #

Login to Send PM

What if you put DE in them instead of talc?

15. bba719

newbite

Posted 10 years ago
    Fri May 29 2009 9:51:06
    #

Login to Send PM

Has anyone actually caught bbugs w/ these. I just ordered them. By the way, many of the posts on here get cut off, and I can't read the last few lines. Can someone help me w/ this too??

16. spideyjg

oldtimer

Posted 10 years ago
    Fri May 29 2009 11:36:05
    #

Login to Send PM

Get Firefox. Problem solved.

17. JWhiteBBCTV

Posted 10 years ago
    Fri May 29 2009 13:43:27
    #

Login to Send PM

We've been compiling data on these over the past 2 months and using them on all of the jobs that we complete and I think we've collected almost 2000 bed bugs in them. They definitely work.

18. bedbugdude

Posted 10 years ago
    Sat May 30 2009 14:04:30
    #

Login to Send PM

19. OutOutDarnBugs

Posted 10 years ago
    Thu Jul 2 2009 8:25:46
    #

Login to Send PM

Jeff, or others that have used these, how do you ensure that it's "properly talc-ed"? I don't have any debris in any of them, and the one time that I re-applied the talc, I just sprinkled a little in, swiped all the sides and bottom with a cotton ball, and shook the excess out. Is that what you're talking about?

By the way- I haven't caught any BBs in these (but also, not sure if I have them or not right now...), but I HAVE caught 2 baby cockroaches (IDed by an entomologist).

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

296,914 posts in 50,062 topics over 155 months by 21,886 of 22,374 members. Latest: kslone1006, Hex999, Gauned