Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Bed Bug Success Stories

Cleared by a K9 with no signs for 6 weeks. The nightmare is finally over.

(3 posts)
  1. buggedintheUSA

newbite

Posted 1 week ago
    Tue Jul 10 2018 17:37:07
    #

Login to Send PM

I'm so excited to finally be able to come back to this forum and post my own success story. Reading success stories helped me keep up my hope throughout the last 3.5 months, so I wanted to be sure to post my own! Thank goodness for this forum, I don't know how I would have gotten through without the extensive knowledge and support here!

My short story: I got my first bites at the end of February. I suspect I brought home a hitchhiker after shopping for mattresses, but I'll never be exactly sure where I got them. I got bit on and off through March and April, and spotted a few live bugs of varying stages during that time. I had a PCO spray Temprid twice in April after majorly cleaning, washing, and drying everything I own and throwing away things I realized I didn't need. I applied CimeXa almost everywhere in my house in May. My last "live" (extremely lethargic) bug sighting was 6 weeks ago, and a K9 + handler inspector cleared my entire house this morning!

Things that helped: CimeXa. If I could go back in time, I would have bought the stuff straight away. It is a product from the heavens. I think the product is what knocked the last of them out and have kept them away and dead to this day, not to mention, the dust kills other household bugs, like ants, spiders, earwigs, carpet beetles, you name it, as well! I do think the Temprid my PCO sprayed was helpful, but if I could go back in time, I think I would have bought CimeXa first and tried saving some money. If anything, the PCO brought some peace of mind, and helped me feel like I was taking steps to beat my battle. I also put my boxspring and mattress in encasements, which I will do with all of my bedding from now on. I never caught any bugs in them, but interceptors also helped give me a peace of mind.

In the middle of my ordeal, I got into a very hopeless, depressed, anxious, hypervigilant mindset. For anyone else struggling with this: I promise it gets better with time. I am certainly still very nervous sitting in public furniture and I am still too scared to stay in a hotel or anything at this time, but I have slowly become more comfortable and relaxed at home and in bed as the weeks go by. I try to remember that I lived a normal life without any bedbugs up until this point in my life, and with time, I will be able to get back to that mental state. I'm not the same person I was before all of this happened, but I try to focus on the positive aspects of that - as in, I have become so much more empathetic, patient, and understanding with others. You never know what people are going through in their lives.

I would never wish any of this on my worst enemy, and I pray that I never have to go through this again. I was lucky in that my infestation was contained to two rooms, and it was pretty small, but any BB battle is a long, hard one. My heart goes out to everyone still going through this hell. Just remember you CAN and WILL get through it. Keep fighting!

2. Mf1616

Posted 1 week ago
    Tue Jul 10 2018 18:20:16
    #

Login to Send PM

Thanks for posting! It’s so nice to read success stories on here — it gives us all hope!

For the record, I am NOT an expert.
    My advice/opinion comes from past experience(s) with bed bugs and what I have read on-line.
  3. dontletthebbsbite

newbite

Posted 1 week ago
    Tue Jul 10 2018 18:32:40
    #

Login to Send PM

Thank you so much. This gives me hope. I am trying DIY treatments too since I am a broke college student who can't afford a PCO right now.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

276,178 posts in 45,459 topics over 138 months by 19,974 of 20,737 members. Latest: ihatebugsugh, Ladybeetle, bedBugsareSatanic