Clear Inspection but Still Bites

(2 posts)
  1. bbsnack

newbite

Posted 7 years ago
    Fri May 11 2012 21:32:24
    #

Login to Send PM

I am a home visitor and went to an extremely infested home. I tried to stomp my shoes off, clean my papers out, etc but nevertheless brought bbs into my car. As a practice, I undress in my garage and take my clothes straight to the dryer. The day after visiting the home in question, I had several bites. I found four bbs in my car. I immediately called an exterminator and had my home inspected. It was clear, but the exterminator did find three fecal spots on my mattress that according to him were months old and it was probably one male bug that was eaten by a spider or squished by someone. The exterminator did positively identify an exoskeleton in my car and suggested I have my car steam cleaned. I did that, left it sitting in the sun with windows up, and even left it sitting with heat on and windows up for over an hour. I found two bbs in my car today but they were both dead (however they had to have crawled out to make themselves visible so they couldn't have been killed in the steaming, right?). I woke up this morning with bites on my neck and between my fingers. Did I catch the infestation in my home too early for the exterminator to catch it? Could these bites be from my car and just not showing up until after a nights' sleep? What should I do? I can't sleep, eat or think because I'm so stressed!! I do not want my kids to suffer from this!

2. bbsnack

newbite

Posted 7 years ago
    Sat May 12 2012 15:04:40
    #

Login to Send PM

Update: more exoskeleton found in car, no more bites, and nothing else found in my house. I got diatomaceous earth and climb up interceptors have been ordered. Are mattress encasements needed? Can't really afford them. Please, someone help!

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

291,455 posts in 48,828 topics over 151 months by 21,440 of 21,843 members. Latest: Beardface, BugBrosHauntingMe, brokengarage