Cleaning up cimexa

(5 posts)
  1. GoneDay

newbite

Posted 1 week ago
    Fri Oct 4 2019 9:19:59
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi, I'm in the process of cleaning up cimexa after treatment.
    First, may I ask which should be the optimal tool/procedure for the job:
    1) Sweep the floor by broom
    2) Vaccum cleaner: should i do it immediately, or use it after sweeping the floor
    3) Air purifier: it is suggested here, but the link to the product died. I'm not sure how it works.

On top of that, I also want to use air purifier after cleaning up. Should I use charcoal bag, socket purifier, water based purifier, or full fledged purifier?

2. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 1 week ago
    Fri Oct 4 2019 11:45:39
    #

Login to Send PM

I would wet mop then dry mop. A broom will just make it airborne again, a vacuum can be damaged and/or blow the dust out the exhaust port, no clue on the air purifier.

3. GoneDay

newbite

Posted 1 week ago
    Sat Oct 5 2019 0:10:25
    #

Login to Send PM

BigDummy - 12 hours ago  » 
    I would wet mop then dry mop. A broom will just make it airborne again, a vacuum can be damaged and/or blow the dust out the exhaust port, no clue on the air purifier.

Would wet mop make the dust clump together?

4. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 1 week ago
    Wed Oct 9 2019 17:26:28
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

The link may be broken but oddly enough Google still works.

Cimexa is not DE, they have different physical properties.

Cimexa is not legal in the EU.

I have no reason to know how to clean it up and no desire to break the law to find that out.

I would suggest you ask the manufacturers and advise they amend the fact there is no guidance about it on their website or product.

At the bottom of each of my posts in the sig line is the request not to be messaged via PM, sorry you did not think that applied to you, it does. I am actually allowed to take a little time off from the forum and the constant "help me, help me". I hope you appreciate I am not paid to be here and equally you don't pay to have a right to an answer.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

I am happy to answer questions in public but will not reply to message sent directly or via my company / social media. I am here to help everyone and not just one case at a time.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about pro
  5. Winston O. Buggy

oldtimer

Posted 5 days ago
    Sat Oct 12 2019 20:54:23
    #

Login to Send PM

From Cimexa SDS: Methods and materials for containment and cleaning up
    Sweep up any spilled material and dispose of according to instructions in section 13. Vacuuming or wet sweeping
    may be used to avoid dust dispersal. Wash contaminated surfaces with soap and water.

You also might call or shoot an email.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

295,797 posts in 49,805 topics over 154 months by 21,798 of 22,264 members. Latest: ireallydontwantbedbugs, bbinquiry_1, Smar1991