(9 posts)
  1. bugcrazy

newbite

Posted 7 years ago
    Sat Sep 22 2012 13:17:52
    #

Login to Send PM

Hello,

I received my final treatment about three days ago, and was advised to remove everything that could not be treated (CDs, books, ect.) from their plastic bins, and return them to their proper places. The thought being that anything in them will hopefully walk through the residual and also to give the PCOs a more accurate assessment when they come to on Oct. 3 (two weeks after my final treatment) to do a final walk through inspection. Anyway, I had these items stored in clear plastic Hefty bins with beige lids, and where as I do not see anything in them that stands out as bed bugs related I was wondering if anyone had any good advise for cleaning these. I would like to store these in my detached garage, and well even though I rarely in my garage I do have thing stored there, as well as, park my car there in the evenings. Has anyone else gone this? Any suggestions?

2. KillerQueen

oldtimer

Posted 7 years ago
    Sat Sep 22 2012 16:04:20
    #

Login to Send PM

What the PCO is asking you to do makes no sense to me at all. But I guess I'm just different.

Were your belongings inside these bins decontaminated in some way before you put them in?

3. bugcrazy

newbite

Posted 7 years ago
    Sat Sep 22 2012 16:13:32
    #

Login to Send PM

Hello,

Other than visual inspection they were not. I was assuming that this was why they wanted them out now. So that anything that was in them could have a chance to be exposed. As stated before they will be back on the 3rd to do a final walk through. They stated that at that point if there were signs again, that they would retreat. The totes do not show any signs of bed bugs in them (no fecal and I can not see any eggs. My infestation seemed very light. I located two bugs near my sliding glass door in my living room and other than that there were no other physical signs.

4. bugcrazy

newbite

Posted 7 years ago
    Sat Sep 22 2012 16:16:33
    #

Login to Send PM

Also, though I have started to unpack everything in the living room and such, I have not unpacked my clothing. I have moved some back to the drawers which have been treated, however, they are still encased in their ziplock bags. I only mildly questioned their advise when they stated this, and after asking for opinions in a previous post it seemed that this made sense. Sadly, now I'm concerned.

5. KillerQueen

oldtimer

Posted 7 years ago
    Sat Sep 22 2012 16:17:02
    #

Login to Send PM

Have you ever posted pictures of the samples you found? I'll take a guess that the company that ID'ed the bugs took them?

6. bugcrazy

newbite

Posted 7 years ago
    Sat Sep 22 2012 16:30:48
    #

Login to Send PM

They did, and sadly at the point that I located them I did not think to take a picture. I had also previously posted about my situation, and Paul B. had stated that it was a possibility they were misIDed. When I located the first one in the curtain of the patio door. The inspector stated that he thought it could be a bat bug, also, everyone in the office also thought this. However, they took it to the county health department, and they stated that it was a female bed bug. I located the second about three weeks later after using the door the day before, it was inside a plastic basket located right inside the same slider. Nothing has ever been found in my room or in the furniture in the living room.

However, I was exposed at least twice that I know of: 1) at work: there was an infestation across the building an everyone on my end was thought to be in a low risk situation 2) Around the same time a friend was staying with me, and his things were in the living room (though on the other side of the room), and I later learned that there had been bed bugs in his previous residence. However, he stated that everything he brought with him was heat treated several times before he brought them to my house.

Again, the location of the bugs in question has made several people question if they were in fact bed bugs, due to the fact that by appearances they were only near that door and were only found after the door had been used.

7. bugcrazy

newbite

Posted 7 years ago
    Sat Sep 22 2012 17:00:25
    #

Login to Send PM

Sadly, this whole situation has been very confusing and frustrating, as I'm sure your clients tell you on a normal basis. Although, maybe not since I hear you are pretty amazing at this. I think the fact that everyone has so many reservations (with the exception of the people doing the treatment itself) has made it almost worse.

I would also like to state that this company was contracted by the company that I work for. During the infestation of the office, they were one of the companies doing the home inspections for the "at risk" portion of the building, and they had located bed bugs in some of the properties and treated them. They are a smaller company, and have two man teams dedicated to bed bugs alone, so they seemed pretty reputable.

8. KillerQueen

oldtimer

Posted 7 years ago
    Sat Sep 22 2012 17:07:47
    #

Login to Send PM

I just typed a long answer back and when I hit the send post button I realized I lost my remote network connection. Can I give you my suggestion on the phone so I don't have to type it again? You can call me or I'll call you if you PM me your number.

9. bugcrazy

newbite

Posted 7 years ago
    Sat Sep 22 2012 17:28:12
    #

Login to Send PM

Hello,

I have PMed you the info that you asked for. I really do appreciate any assistance you can give me.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

296,731 posts in 50,024 topics over 155 months by 21,873 of 22,356 members. Latest: citycpap, AnxiousAngela1989, weluckyfew201