(2 posts)
  1. bedbugwoez

newbite

Posted 3 years ago
    Fri Feb 5 2016 0:12:58
    #

Login to Send PM

Hello all,
    I'm wondering if there is some relatively "foolproof" method of cleaning potential bedbugs and eggs off of a metal bed frame? I've searched this site and the internet at large, and haven't found anything definitive.

The back story is that something has been intermittently biting me for weeks. The bedbug sniffing dog found nothing. Something continues to bite me, however. So, I would like to try isolating my bed by encasing the mattresses, laundering the sheets, etc., putting interceptors under the legs, and seeing if I find anything there. However, it seems like this would be a huge waste of time if the bugs/eggs are hanging out on or in the metal bed frame. (I don't have a headboard to worry about, at least.)

Is there anything I can try? Will thoroughly wiping it down be enough? Should I try alcohol? I've thought about buying a handheld steamer but would really rather not spend the money as well as wait till next week for Amazon to deliver it to me.

Any thoughts you might have on the metal frame (or any other aspect of my situation) would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

2. jim danca

oldtimer

Posted 3 years ago
    Fri Feb 5 2016 8:09:22
    #

Login to Send PM

Are there plastic end caps on the edges of the metal frame? To clean it down, you can mix 5 ounces of 50% rubbing alcohol with 5 ounces of Murphy's soap mixed with 10 ounces of water.

PCO and inventor of a bio active bedbug trap

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

297,306 posts in 50,168 topics over 155 months by 21,929 of 22,426 members. Latest: MaryPoppinsYall, nomorecreepycrawlies, buggerboo