(2 posts)
  1. WeltsAbound

newbite

Posted 8 months ago
    Sun Nov 11 2018 14:10:12
    #

Login to Send PM

Hello,

Just dusted and paint brushed CimeXa throughout my living room--wall hangings, underside of couch cushions, floor lamp, and underneath couch (ok'd by PCO after I was told they didn't dust anything higher than the baseboards...)

I think some dust definitely sprinkled around, probably even on top of the couch, where I sleep to contain the infestation.

What can I do to make sure I sleep safely tonight? That'll be in about 6 hours.

Thanks!

2. keephopealive

Posted 8 months ago
    Sun Nov 11 2018 18:04:58
    #

Login to Send PM

Cimexa is normally used as a crack and crevice treatment and should be used in areas that won't be disturbed; I believe it's fine for limited use on carpets/around bed or furniture legs but even though it's supposed to be non toxic, there is still an inhalation issue as with any dust so you don't really want to breath too much of it in as it's a desiccant and therefore very drying (may cause some irritation/coughing).

If I were in your situation I would leave the area for as long as possible to let the dust settle, then use a throw/blanket and gently place it over the sofa to put something between yourself and any residual dust. Then, in the morning, hoover up any excess on the top side of the sofa (ideally wearing a mask and with a hepa vacuum).

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

291,411 posts in 48,816 topics over 151 months by 21,435 of 21,838 members. Latest: dc8184, bedbugtoronto, stinson