Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Bed Bug Treatment

CimeXa Insecticide Dust

(8 posts)
  1. jendeo102696

Posted 3 years ago
    Wed Nov 18 2015 9:57:43
    #

Login to Send PM

I already posted when I first signed up so hope it's OK to start another thread. I am currently in the middle of my 2nd and 3rd treatments. I don't know exactly what my PCO is using except it's a mixture of some chemicals and some dust. For 5 days post 2nd treatment I was bite free. Unfortunately yesterday I found three bed bugs throughout the day on the bathroom door. Not sure why they're there now. My daughter also woke up with 2 HUGE marks on her face, 2 on her back and 1 on her hand. She definitely has a bit of a reaction because she did a lot of crying last night (bad day) and after she stopped, I saw the marks forming. The whole time she was sitting at the kitchen table, nothing bit her there. This morning they are HUGE. Anyway my PCO seems to think I am bothering him with all my questions but I can just sit and wait for this to be over. My question is - is there any chemical I can use in between treatments? I've heard of CimeXa Insecticide Dust. Can this be used in conjuction with the treatments? If so where do I put it down? Just want to make sure I don't negate whatever work the PCO did. Thanks in advance.

2. misery

Posted 3 years ago
    Wed Nov 18 2015 10:00:04
    #

Login to Send PM

You should call the PCO and get a list of what they used, ask what more you can do. That's the first step for sure. They have to at least tell you what they used.

Not a pro here. Call me Jon Snow...... for I know nothing, except what I've experienced.
  3. jendeo102696

Posted 3 years ago
    Wed Nov 18 2015 10:07:53
    #

Login to Send PM

I will have my husband ask next week when he comes for the 3rd treatment. Apparently he told landlord that I call/email too much.

4. misery

Posted 3 years ago
    Wed Nov 18 2015 10:11:03
    #

Login to Send PM

It's ok, I was told the same thing. The landlord may actually have the list of what was used, maybe ask them. Usually "he who pays the bill, receives it" and it would list the steps.

5. jendeo102696

Posted 3 years ago
    Wed Nov 18 2015 10:17:02
    #

Login to Send PM

Good idea. Will have my husband call/text landlord because unfortunately, the landlord is never too nice to me. It's hard to deal with the animosity on top of bed bugs!

6. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 3 years ago
    Thu Nov 19 2015 2:29:35
    #

Login to Send PM

If you use it, it's a crack and crevice treatment. Most people mis- or overapply dusts like this. So be careful. And do consult the PCO first as suggested.

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."
  7. Distressed in NJ

Posted 3 years ago
    Fri Nov 20 2015 10:06:03
    #

Login to Send PM

I thought cimexa could be used on beds and furniture.

8. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 3 years ago
    Fri Nov 20 2015 22:59:21
    #

Login to Send PM

Distressed in NJ - 12 hours ago  » 
    I thought cimexa could be used on beds and furniture.

You're right. It's not the same as DE. And I am not a pro, but to me, the description on the label seems to focus more on putting the product in places like tufts and folds of mattresses and the underside of sofas, rather than on surfaces you'll have contact with:

"Bed Bug Treatment: Remove bedding and take the bed apart. Treat the interior framework, joints and cracks in the bed frame. Treat the mattress and box spring, paying particular attention to tufts, folds and edges, and the interior framework of the box spring. Remove wall-mounted head boards and treat the back side. Treat picture frames, moldings, hollow furniture legs, cracks and crevices, along baseboards, and any areas with visible signs of infestation, including rugs and carpet. Treat upholstered furniture by removing or lift- ing (if possible) the cushions and treating the undersurface. Treat the interior framework, cracks and joints of the furniture, and the folds, tufts and edges of cushions and other upholstered areas. Do not treat toys and stuffed animals with product. Treat wall voids by removing electrical switch plate covers to allow access, but don’t apply dust directly in electrical boxes. Apply about 1⁄4 oz of dust to each accessible void."

http://www.rockwelllabs.com/Labels/Dusts/CimeXa.pdf

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

294,607 posts in 49,509 topics over 153 months by 21,693 of 22,135 members. Latest: mrssachvz, mandy717, Lodo956