Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Detection / Identification of bed bugs

Cimexa doesn't work. Anyone else just about to walk away.

(35 posts)
  1. bedbugsforlife

newbite

Posted 4 months ago
    Mon Mar 18 2019 21:31:29
    #

Login to Send PM

What's all the rave about Cimexa? I applied it against the walls, baseboards, around my bed post, and the floor and I'm still getting bit by these bugs and it's been a week! Doesn't even look like it's getting better. I'm about to cry and scream. I cannot live a normal life anymore. My clothes have been ruined for repeatedly being thrown in the dryer and there are also things I can't put in the dryer! The bugs bite me when I'm out running errands too and I'm scared they will spread to places I need to go like the post office, Target and my clinic and I fear ever going back to those places now. It is overwelming. I'm about to throw out all my stuff and start over and I mean MOVE to a whole different city as I've infested this small one running errands. I won't have nothing left. I have things that I can't replace and it scares me to know if I keep these few items and heat treating doesn't work I will be reinfested again. Is anyone else about to just walk away from it all because of these bugs? These bugs are everywhere! Forget ever living in an apartment building that's not an option EVER again. They hide everywhere not just your bed, suitcase and couch. They've been in my car, shoes, purse, my baby's stroller and car seat, my important paperwork and I've read recently that they can get in your hair ewwwww. I have had to ask myself why these bugs exist? I have to walk around with tons of red welts all over my shoulders, back, stomach and chest every single day. It is like it's never going to end. This isn't the first time I've had bed bugs it's been several times over a three year span and each time I had to throw stuff away except for my clothes unless it was a big coat as I've noticed over the years they can find cooler areas to hide inside of big coats and blankets if used in a dryer. I breakout and itch so bad sometimes and on top of that I have not seen a single one even though I know for a fact that's what is biting me. I just want this horror to end. Most of my clothes have been in bags for the past three years. I feared spreading the bugs if I opened them after using the dryer and it not killing them and to my horror I ended up getting the bugs several times afterwards from hotels mainly, which really led to my clothes and shoes being bagged for three years and never opened out of fear of bed bugs living in them again. I don't buy new clothes or shoes I just pick up donated items because I might have to throw them away I tell you I have had a depressed life. I've basically been wearing the same wardrobe for three years. This is terrible. I cannot garner the energy to take care of this problem and clothes and shoes can be replaced over and over and over again.

2. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 4 months ago
    Mon Mar 18 2019 22:29:38
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

Could you post an image of live samples, faecal traces or cast skins so we can assess the extent of the problem you are dealing with and better advise.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

If you have found this information helpful please consider leaving feedback on social media via google+ or FaceBook or by like/loving the images.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC (legal requirements) I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about products.
  3. bedbugsforlife

newbite

Posted 4 months ago
    Mon Mar 18 2019 23:24:21
    #

Login to Send PM

I get about ten bites a day and they bite me during the daytime too. Years ago when my friend had bed bugs I felt this itchy tickle feeling on my arm and turned on the light and looked down and there it was a bed bug. My skin started to get a rash a minute later that's how I know that the bugs bite me during the day or aren't far away afterwards when I try to look for them nearby because I'm quite sensitive and swell up almost immediately. I honestly don't even look for them anymore. It makes me physically nauseated just thinking about it. When I caught the bugs again in November of last year I did see them because the infestation was bad at the place I was at. I only saw the adults. So I know for a fact it is bed bugs biting me that hitchhiked. I will also never forget waking up itchy with over sixty bites years ago. I know bed bugs very well. I have took notice that the worst the infestation the higher the chance of you seeing them in plain sight without making much effort to find them. Common sense I guess.

4. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 4 months ago
    Tue Mar 19 2019 3:43:01
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

Yes, I also know bedbugs rather well.

I also deal with more cases on a monthly basis than most people will in their lifetimes.

This means I am very familiar with people who have had bedbugs who may encounter increased skin sensitivity to other things afterwards. If you are not careful this can result in you assuming it’s currently bedbugs when in fact it’s not.

If you have an active infestation at the level you describe physical signs will be easy to find and illustrating them will as I have said help is to better point you in the direction of a resolution. If your not sure as to why this would help you please read the FAQ section as it’s very clear.

David

5. bedbugsforlife

newbite

Posted 4 months ago
    Tue Mar 19 2019 9:32:56
    #

Login to Send PM

I am not imagining things lol. People have said they aren't there when I know for a fact they are. Especially when I didn't have the skin issue UNTIL I came to that place and even more definitely when I had to be in a few shelters and shelters are pure luxury for those things. I also had got them from hotels, a friend's apartment and as well as my own apartment. I also saw them with my own eyes in November. They have hitchhiked from the place I was at. The rash is always usually in the same areas like my wrist, stomache, chest, shoulders and forearms. If I cover all those areas the rash will be on my face. If I spray tea tree oil on me the rash will be in areas that wasn't exposed like the palms of my hands and scalp. If I spray those areas they still bite. It really doesn't repel them from biting me much. I've been using Cimexa and I have not seen a difference after using it like so many people claim. I also tried steaming too didn't work and it is too much to do honestly it is overwhelming and I'm simply depressed. Bed bugs run my life.

6. SalsaVince

Posted 4 months ago
    Tue Mar 19 2019 9:47:30
    #

Login to Send PM

So you can conclusively say is that Cimexa and steaming are not preventing you from getting rashes/marks on your skin. It sounds like you've had to be in a lot of different high traffic places which would be very susceptible to bed bugs. Hopefully you can get into a more stable environment where you have more control of things and you can feel more confident in being bug free. Seems like they've really caused you a lot of emotional distress so don't just focus on physical symptoms. Take care of your emotional health too, even if that means visiting a therapist or other professional.

"If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles."
    Not an expert. Just a survivor who's still learning.
    Vince
  7. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 4 months ago
    Tue Mar 19 2019 9:49:32
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

I am not saying you are imagining things. I am saying that if the cause of the skin reactions is bedbugs then you will be able to find:

• Live samples
    • Cast skins
    • Faecal traces

Doing so would help us to advise you on the level of infestation and how to best treat it.

If you cant find any of these signs I am simply saying that the reason why Cimexa is not appearing to work could equally be that the issue that is causing the skin reactions is not bedbugs. While this may be your first time in this situation there are others who have posted in similar scenarios tot he forum before.

I would simply encourage you to keep an open mind and to not jump to illogical fallacies about what you know with your head but cant show proof of with your eyes.

David

8. bedbugsforlife

newbite

Posted 4 months ago
    Tue Mar 19 2019 11:14:53
    #

Login to Send PM

Yes I have been in a few shelters but I've also had my own apartment that somehow got infested with bed bugs over seven years ago before I was ever in any shelter. I didn't see them either but it was sprayed twice before the bites stopped. Not all the shelters I was in had bed bugs either. The suitcase I bought was brand new and I don't really buy new things. I didn't start to break out until I went into a bed bug infested place in November and until now nothing has changed and nothing didn't change before I went there. I wasn't getting rashes until after I stayed in that place. I also put my suitcase in storage for a while so I wouldn't transmit them to anyone a month afterwards and I never got bit while it was in storage but as soon as I opened it up again and tried to get a pair of shoes and clothes I see rashes all over my forearm but before I went to that place in November I could reach in my suitcase without breaking out getting the same items. I also wash my clothes and sheets frequently to keep the infestation down. How much of the Cimexa do I need to put down? I sprayed it all over my bed frame and in order for them to get to me they have to crawl up the frame, which is completely coated with Cimexa. I added it all over the floor just about and in all corners and along the walls in powdered form. My mattress is bed bug proof and there aren't any holes they can be in. I sprayed everything along the bed. I really would like to get rid of them without having to throw all my stuff away and move just to get them again.

9. loubugs

old timer

Posted 4 months ago
    Tue Mar 19 2019 13:44:45
    #

Login to Send PM

You might be having a reaction but not to bed bug bites and that's why you are saying nothing is working to stop the "bite reactions". For the amount of reactions you are sustaining, you should be seeing obvious bed bugs. As David mentioned above, fecal traces, shed skins, live bed bugs.

Professional entomologist/arachnologist. I consult on all matters dealing with insects and arachnids, including those of natural history and biology to pest management and forensic entomology investigations.
  10. bedbugsforlife

newbite

Posted 4 months ago
    Tue Mar 19 2019 16:47:36
    #

Login to Send PM

I wash and dry frequently so that could be why I don't see them but I'm 100% sure it's bed bugs. If I'm covered all over except for on my face they bite me there and I break out. It's so obvious that's what it is and also they can't hide that close to my bed because there is no where for them to. I've been bit by fleas but I don't get rashes from the bites and they tend to bite me around my ankles. I can't think of any other thing that could be biting me like this. It's not a mosquito. Mosquitoes don't stay and I've moved several times.

11. bugged-cdn

Posted 4 months ago
    Tue Mar 19 2019 16:56:40
    #

Login to Send PM

I wash and dry frequently so that could be why I don't see them but I'm 100% sure it's bed bugs.

Washing and drying your linens/clothes wouldn't be enough to erase all traces of an infestation. You would still be able to find signs.

12. bedbugsforlife

newbite

Posted 4 months ago
    Tue Mar 19 2019 18:29:49
    #

Login to Send PM

Unfortunately I don't and I have bed bugs.

13. 13cookies

newbite

Posted 4 months ago
    Tue Mar 19 2019 18:50:02
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi-I hope you hang in there.I'm on week 4 of Cimexa and have had a definite decrease (I have a few questions too but I'll start a new thread as to not take over yours). These guys clearly know what they are talking about. I'm not saying you don't have bed bugs, but even with the most certain decrease I've still found evidence of fecal matter, 2 baby nymphs last week..and still get bit less than you. I'm just wondering if you may be reacting like they said to something else? I'm not trying to discourage you in your journey but it just seems like with that amount of bites you should some have real evidence? If anything I am trying to encourage you- that it may not be these awful things and something else.

14. bedbugsforlife

newbite

Posted 4 months ago
    Tue Mar 19 2019 23:43:56
    #

Login to Send PM

No it's bed bugs. How can you explain that if I cover myself all over except for my face my face will start to get rashes and when I uncover myself the rashes will be around my wrist, shoulders, and forearms bypassing my face all of a sudden? It's obvious something is biting me and just today I've notice a small decrease in bites so it MIGHT actually be working after a week of observing. I am not very sure and will have to wait a few more days to clarify but It's so annoying how people tell me it's probably not bed bugs when I know it is. I know they're trying to help but it still is lol. I'm not actually really trying to look for them but I just looked at my sheets and haven't seen anything. It amazes me how they can bite me on my hands and forearm and me not see them out the corner of my eye while I'm on the phone. Today while I was not in my room I got bit about four times and as soon as I got in my bed not even five minutes my wrist and forearm start to itch and yeah welts. So I am assuming now they are close to the bed but I don't know where. I don't have a mattress and the bed frame is metal with no holes or anything.

15. bedbugsforlife

newbite

Posted 4 months ago
    Tue Mar 19 2019 23:50:15
    #

Login to Send PM

If it's something else biting me then what could it possibly be? I did clarify that it IS something biting me.

16. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 4 months ago
    Wed Mar 20 2019 0:24:35
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

There are many other things that could explain your symptoms from medical to environmental encompassing both insect and non insect sources.

This is why to get the best out of the forum we deal with things from a facts perspective rather than getting swept up in assumptions.

The best way to untangle the situation is to start looking at the facts and building up data to work it out.

If you can’t find the confirming signs of bedbugs then it’s time to keep an open mind as to what it might be.

David

17. Proudmommyto3rottenboys

Posted 4 months ago
    Wed Mar 20 2019 9:14:24
    #

Login to Send PM

Go buy you some crossfire from Amazon and it will help you

18. loubugs

old timer

Posted 4 months ago
    Wed Mar 20 2019 9:42:15
    #

Login to Send PM

Proudmommyto3rottenboys - 26 minutes ago  » 
    Go buy you some crossfire from Amazon and it will help you

So far there really isn't any evidence of bed bugs. Why would you spray something if there's no direct evidence?

19. Proudmommyto3rottenboys

Posted 4 months ago
    Wed Mar 20 2019 10:11:43
    #

Login to Send PM

Sorry I just read that Cimexa wasnt working...I should of read it all.Right if no bugs have been spotted then I wouldnt spray..

20. bedbugsforlife

newbite

Posted 4 months ago
    Wed Mar 20 2019 16:56:28
    #

Login to Send PM

There is a sign and that's these rashes I keep getting on my arms wrist and shoulders.

21. bedbugsforlife

newbite

Posted 4 months ago
    Wed Mar 20 2019 16:59:19
    #

Login to Send PM

I don't just get welts and rashes for no reason.

22. 13cookies

newbite

Posted 4 months ago
    Wed Mar 20 2019 17:21:36
    #

Login to Send PM

Is it possible you may have an allergy to something? I worked with a girl who was having auto-immune issues and would often and sporadically break out in a rash or hives if she didn't take her medicine. I'm absolutely not trying to lead you down a path of paranoia of a health problem..but could it be a detergent, soap or food item? I just really feel for your situation and if you can find no proof of bedbugs, which seems like should be there, maybe try to think of a different cause. Or maybe try some of the monitors mentioned on here to try to get proof at least so you know for sure. It would just suck to put so much money and energy into fighting them if you don't have definite proof-not so much as ink stain even. I'm sorry you're going through this. I hope it gets better.

23. loubugs

old timer

Posted 4 months ago
    Wed Mar 20 2019 20:05:57
    #

Login to Send PM

bedbugsforlife - 3 hours ago  » 
    There is a sign and that's these rashes I keep getting on my arms wrist and shoulders.
    I don't just get welts and rashes for no reason.

Welts and rashes can be a result of carpet beetle dermatitis and there is no biting occurring either. Many things that look like or are interpreted as being bites turn out not to be bites. Going only on skin lesions to identify bed bugs, for example, is not definitive.

24. bedbugsforlife

newbite

Posted 4 months ago
    Wed Mar 20 2019 21:52:48
    #

Login to Send PM

If it is a medical issue then why would it start right after I was in a bed bug infested room and why when I cover my whole body except my face the welts appear there? If it was a medical or allergy issue the rash and welts would still appear on the covered skin. It isn't a medical issue. I've heard about those Beatles but if they don't bite how is it that the rash are in areas where bed bugs like to bite all the time? If the bed bugs are here why isn't the Cimexa working? Those traps cost like $400 no way.

25. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 4 months ago
    Thu Mar 21 2019 2:54:34
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

Because as previously stated some people become sensitive to other issues after having been exposed to bedbugs.

There are a multiple of potential causes beyond bedbugs and yes still many that would interact with exposed skin only. This includes some environmental and medical issues so the logic of your conclusion is not sound.

In the case of carpet beetle larval induced reaction if the face is the only skin available that is where you will see the reaction but equally a mosquito or gnat would produce the same pattern.

A more logical conclusion at this stage is that “it’s not working because it’s not bedbugs”.

Monitors can be obtained for as little as $20 and can show results within 12 hours of installation.

Please understand that we are trying to help you and that those of us who are professionals gain more experience of this issue in one month than most people will encounter in a lifetime. While you are free to ignore the advice you are given it never resolves the problem.

We don’t all have spoons to waste on those that can’t / won’t listen.

David

26. bedbugsforlife

newbite

Posted 4 months ago
    Thu Mar 21 2019 18:00:56
    #

Login to Send PM

I know it's not a mosquito because I've moved around quite a bit lol "bit"but anyway I've moved around quite a bit and I was mostly in an area where there were not many mosquitoes because the air is very dry and bites I get from mosquitoes always turn into very itchy painful knots that last for about a week then scar and they also bleed when I scratch them. Bed bug bites show up as a welt that goes away in about twenty minutes and doesn't scar or bleed. Are carpet beetles the type of bugs that hide like bed bugs? Also you didn't read everything I said when I said if I am uncovered the bites are not on my face anymore even though my face is exposed. If it was a medical issue the rash would still be on my face if my body was uncovered. Do you know of any medical issues that could cause symptoms similar to bed bug bites?

27. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 3 months ago
    Thu Mar 21 2019 22:14:58
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

Best not to claim someone is ignoring what you have written when you have repeatedly done so yourself.

If you read up on carpet beetles you will see that they are one of the many things other than bedbugs that fit your symptoms.

The reality is that if it were bedbugs you would be able to confirm with live samples, cast skins or faecall traces found through visual inspection or monitoring. Until then it’s an assumption or guess that you have bedbugs which is rather telling when those with experience are all asking you to confirm the visual signs.

Two of the people in this thread are “go to people” for the media when it comes to bedbugs so our credentials are rather easy to validate. If you can’t see this I would encourage you to ask a trusted friend to read this thread so they can explain it to you without you being in a heightened emotional state.

David

28. Proudmommyto3rottenboys

Posted 3 months ago
    Fri Mar 22 2019 0:07:07
    #

Login to Send PM

You would for sure see a bug somewhere hun.Yes they are great hiders but they have babies and then those babies grow up and have babies.Before u know it there is so mamy bugs.They all cant hide.You would eventually see a bug.

29. bedbugsforlife

newbite

Posted 3 months ago
    Sat Mar 30 2019 8:30:23
    #

Login to Send PM

The only way I got rid of them was with a bed bug made heater. I put three in the room and left it on for four hours, haven't been bit since. I don't know why I couldn't find them or why they wouldn't go into the trap but they were definitely there. I've been getting bit badly since November of last year and absolutely no more bites after I used that heater.

30. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 3 months ago
    Sat Mar 30 2019 9:21:01
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

There are a number of issues which produce symptoms similar to bedbugs which would be alleviated temporarily or otherwise by heating.

However your more likely to find dead bedbugs as they tend to dehydrate and fall out of hiding places.

If it is bedbugs then it’s still to be confirmed. If it comes back then please look at the bigger picture before repeating the heating.

David

31. bedbugsforlife

newbite

Posted 3 months ago
    Sat Mar 30 2019 15:32:00
    #

Login to Send PM

Like what?

32. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 3 months ago
    Sat Mar 30 2019 16:29:37
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

Like environmental and medical issues where the heating removes the stimuli in the same way that some people who get loads of bites but can’t find bedbugs get 3-5 days relief upon spraying and then loads of symptoms back all of a sudden.

At certain times of the year it’s not uncommon for us to be contacted by people who have been hear treated which appeared to work for a few days and then appears to fail when in fact they never had bedbugs to begin with. It’s why confirmation is so essential.

David

33. bedbugsforlife

newbite

Posted 3 months ago
    Sat Apr 20 2019 9:16:46
    #

Login to Send PM

Does anyone know why the Cimexa is not getting rid of the bed bugs? I do have bed bugs and not just an allergy to something else. I've quite had it today I woke up with a bite on my eyelid because I sleep with the sheets over me so they won't bite me while I sleep and one was able to get in and I guess that was the easiest place for it to bite me just ridiculous. The only thing that has seemed to work was the heating but only one room was heated so they came back most likely from the living room and mopping with bleach helped too but I cannot have that around my child for too long. I just ordered a product called Crossfire and I can't wait to try it and hopefully it works like so many people have said

34. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 3 months ago
    Sat Apr 20 2019 9:31:43
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

In other cases where cimexa was failing it was because it was not bedbugs.

Equally heat won’t kill the bedbugs you bring home next week.

Is this not worth considering given what you are doing is failing?

David

35. bedbugsforlife

newbite

Posted 2 months ago
    Sat Apr 20 2019 23:36:58
    #

Login to Send PM

If you read my post I put I had stayed at a place where there were bed bugs that I actually saw with my own eyes that hitchhiked on either me or my belongings? It's obvious that is what it is because that is when the rashes started. I also did consider what you were saying but do to the rashes starting when I entered a bed bug infested place and me noticing a "pattern" with my rashes that makes more since of it being bed bugs rather than some other allergy I am assuming I did something wrong or all the hype is fake. I would like to know how to use it where it can get rid of the bugs if I'm using it wrong. If I went to sleep with the sheets over my head and had rashes on the top part of my face but not the rest of my body it is obvious it was a bed bug that got through a crack in my sheet near my head and bit my face since it could not get to the rest of my body lol I don't know what else to say but I have mentioned the signs several times.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

291,666 posts in 48,867 topics over 151 months by 21,454 of 21,857 members. Latest: frejohansen, Bedbugs47, Ccronk22@gmail.com