Chronic anxiety not coping

(3 posts)
  1. Pinkhat

newbite

Posted 3 weeks ago
    Mon Oct 29 2018 9:28:52
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi so my bedbug story has been going on for a year on and off. To cut a long story short we finally got the local council involved (I'm in the UK living in a council flat)

So 3 floors below us they have identified the source, a heavily infested flat. They tell me they are beginning treatment this week, they are also accessing the flat above this one, via forced entry as the tenant won't let them in.

So we have been seeing the odd bed bug in the bathroom as the pipe work comes through the block of flats. Now at least one has made it to our bed. I have an allergic reaction to the bites and I also have OCD and anxiety which is getting really bad now. I have been bitten every 2 to 3 days for a week.

Our issue is that it is not worth paying for treatment in our flat until the source flat/s have been successfully treated. The council unfortunately are using their own pest controllers with heavy chemicals, where as we used David Cain's company which is non chemical and very good.

So basically we are battling with an inept council, I am now only able to sleep in the bedroom if I take a sleeping pill. My anxiety is affecting my whole life. My partner is a non reactor and whilst he is stressed by this I feel alone with it.

I don't know how to manage whilst we wait for the treatment in the flats below. I feel helpless.

2. keephopealive

Posted 3 weeks ago
    Mon Oct 29 2018 13:58:14
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

Have sent you a PM; I'm also in the UK.

3. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 3 weeks ago
    Mon Oct 29 2018 22:53:29
    #

Login to Send PM

Anxiety can be treated— I would see support on that (talk therapy and medications have helped different people here), while you deal with the logistics. Bed bugs have been found to cause PTSD in some and certainly exacerbate anxiety in many folks. You don’t have to cope on your own.

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

281,578 posts in 46,826 topics over 143 months by 20,660 of 21,557 members. Latest: Dread Bugs, gbbedbug, BuggedOUTinOH