Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Reader questions (do not fit into other categories)

christmas tree

(3 posts)
  1. bb-baltimore

newbite

Posted 9 years ago
    Mon Dec 8 2008 10:51:12
    #

Login to Send PM

We are in the process of removing bedbugs from our house. Does anyone know if they would hide out in a christmas tree?

2. angie

Posted 9 years ago
    Mon Dec 8 2008 12:50:58
    #

Login to Send PM

They could very well hide out in a tree. At the height of our infestation, Christmas was the one time that things needed to be normal for our kids. We bought ourselves a real tree just like every other year and decorated it just like every other year and after the new year, we took our Christmas tree to the trash just like every other year. I do have worries now about the ornaments which have been packed for a year even though they were stored in our garage for a few months. BUT, I will still get my kids their tree and decorate it and enjoy the season, just like every other year. Do you see my point? Christmas is the season for joy and love and even though you have bedbugs, you still need to be able to celebrate and relax if only for a while. Good luck and Merry Christmas!

3. Itchy-Scratchy

Posted 9 years ago
    Mon Dec 8 2008 12:59:49
    #

Login to Send PM

I sure wouldn't want to risk exposure.

This year, my daughter and I have purchased a small, real tree. We are decorating it with disposable items, like popcorn strings and cookies. At the end of the season, we will throw the whole tree (ornaments and all) away.

Our Christmas decorations are safely in storage and we don't want to unpack anything and expose it to BBs. So this year, no stockings, no family ornaments and no tree skirt. I'm actually looking forward to this simplified approach. I have the feeling that this might be our most meaningful Christmas ever.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

274,676 posts in 45,064 topics over 137 months by 19,786 of 20,521 members. Latest: jes510, Jessica107, Starsky30