Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Psychological and Health problems caused by bed bugs (besides bites)

Christmas and bugs

(3 posts)
  1. done in

newbite

Posted 9 years ago
    Thu Dec 9 2010 16:56:23
    #

Login to Send PM

This is getting brutal. Have been told by PCO that I do not have bugs, but keep getting small bites. So, am taking precautions. Went out today to do some Christmas shopping. Not mailing gifts to my brother and sister. Got them gift cards for places they like to shop. Bought a great gift for my great grandson, and sealed it in a garbage bag when I got home. Have decided that I will give my kids and grand kid cash.
    The problem is all over the immediate family, but everyone is dealing with it differently. My grandaughter and I have had our places treated twice. My former husband has bought a mattress encasement and spread dust around. My son ,who origianlly brought the problem home has tossed out all kinds of stuff and sprayed with insecticide. My other son is in denial.
    HO HO HO and Merry Christmas. Makes you realize how good life was before the threat of bugs.

2. AbugMess

newbite

Posted 8 years ago
    Fri Dec 10 2010 4:27:14
    #

Login to Send PM

Having BB for Christmas has been tough for us as well, but honestly it has made us appreciate the simpler things we used to enjoy so much and we aren't being quite as extravagent as we usually are.
    We found out we had them at the beginning of the Month, and have lost a good $5,000 because of it so times are a little hard this year.

We put up simple lights, and instead of pulling out all of our hundreds of decorations and the beautifully already lighted fake Christmas tree we have.
    We are going out and getting a small Real tree and decorating with a few homemade strands of paper rings etc. We can enjoy it, and throw it out afterwards.
    I'm not as obsessive about the gifts though, we have/had a fairly light infestation so since I haven't seen any live ones and we are taking precautions in every other room in case of eggs, I've just been wrapping them as soon as I get them home and placing them in our kitchen/living room which is (or definitely appears to be) Bed Bug Free.

You are right though.... definitely makes you realize how good you had it.

3. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 8 years ago
    Fri Dec 10 2010 11:45:18
    #

Login to Send PM

done in,

It is really difficult dealing with bed bugs, but when your whole family seems to have them in different residences, it makes things even worse. My heart goes out to all of you, and I hope everyone gets some good help (or at least does their research, if DIY is the only option) and gets rid of them soon.

You have some good ideas for dealing with gift giving under the circumstances. Gift cards are probably especially welcome for others with bed bugs who may be trying to avoid clutter and who may have had to discard some things.

A Bug Mess,
    I like your ideas about decorating!

Keep in mind, gifts in an infested home may be kept in ziplocs or in thick garbage bags tied in an airtight manner.

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

297,240 posts in 50,145 topics over 155 months by 21,921 of 22,417 members. Latest: plsnopls, Ldrago, frustrated1970