Chinchex

(9 posts)
  1. thirdusername

oldtimer

Posted 1 year ago
    Mon Jan 15 2018 23:53:16
    #

Login to Send PM

Is Chinchex the same as Cimexa, a synthetic silica powder?
    Or are there other ingredients?
    What is it's unused shelf life?

I am NOT an expert.
    My opinions are just opinions, they may NOT apply to yours or any situation.
    My advice is to always do a LOT of research.
    A lot of what I read contradicts other stuff on the Interweb.
  2. F. Pazos

Posted 1 year ago
    Tue Jan 16 2018 0:17:22
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,
    I don't know if it is exactly the same as Cimexa, but I know that it is 99.9% silica gel (and been told by the distributor that it has a mix of 4 silicas).... They say it works for up to 10 years, same as Cimexa, on that I have nothing to say as we use it for a bit longer than a year (and so far no re infestation from any customer that had it applied).
    What I can say based in my experience using it, is that it is extremely effective.

Professional PCO based in Hong Kong specialized in Bed Bugs.
  3. SS864

Posted 1 year ago
    Tue Jan 16 2018 4:11:25
    #

Login to Send PM

Are there any resources online which show the application locations and techniques to combat a bed bug infestation simply with the Chinchex powder, F. Pazos? I read in one of your other posts that you have used only the Chinchex powder to treat for bed bugs when the customer does not possess the resources for a more comprehensive treatment? Thanks for your replies and advice, F. Pazos, I sincerely appreciate the help you provide on these forums!

4. F. Pazos

Posted 1 year ago
    Tue Jan 16 2018 4:42:51
    #

Login to Send PM

SS864 - 24 minutes ago  » 
    Are there any resources online which show the application locations and techniques to combat a bed bug infestation simply with the Chinchex powder, F. Pazos? I read in one of your other posts that you have used only the Chinchex powder to treat for bed bugs when the customer does not possess the resources for a more comprehensive treatment? Thanks for your replies and advice, F. Pazos, I sincerely appreciate the help you provide on these forums!

First of all, thanks for your appreciation, it is very nice to have that kind of comments, especially when I can only give advice during low season (that lasts very short time here) as the rest of the year it is impossible for me to spend time here, and I understand the needs of the people.
    As far as I know there are some videos in their website, and I am putting together a post with guidance on how I do it, that guidance will show more than one product (only products that I tried) including Chinchex, but not only this one, as the key is in how to do it more than in the brand used.

5. SS864

Posted 1 year ago
    Wed Jan 17 2018 10:52:16
    #

Login to Send PM

F. Pazos - 1 day ago  » 

SS864 - 24 minutes ago  » 

First of all, thanks for your appreciation, it is very nice to have that kind of comments, especially when I can only give advice during low season (that lasts very short time here) as the rest of the year it is impossible for me to spend time here, and I understand the needs of the people.
    As far as I know there are some videos in their website, and I am putting together a post with guidance on how I do it, that guidance will show more than one product (only products that I tried) including Chinchex, but not only this one, as the key is in how to do it more than in the brand used.

I'll keep an eye out for that post! Thanks so much!!!

6. thirdusername

oldtimer

Posted 1 year ago
    Wed Jan 17 2018 19:18:38
    #

Login to Send PM

Maybe you can get Chinchex added to the FAQ:
    http://bedbugger.com/useful-tools/

7. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 1 year ago
    Thu Jan 18 2018 0:09:41
    #

Login to Send PM

thirdusername - 4 hours ago  » 
    Maybe you can get Chinchex added to the FAQ:
    http://bedbugger.com/useful-tools/

I will consider this but I need more information on its availability. It does not appear to be for sale in North America.

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."
  8. thirdusername

oldtimer

Posted 1 year ago
    Thu Jan 18 2018 16:16:22
    #

Login to Send PM

I think it currently ships to most places.

https://chinchex.com/pages/faqs

I am unsure of the legality though (I have no idea what certifications it needs per country).
    Cimexa never did make it for sale in Canada.
    I did some investigation for Aprehend and certification for importing an insecticide into Canada seemed to require a company paying money to Health Canada (like the EPA in the US I think) and maybe proving it's impact on humans and the environment.

The home page references some reviews.

9. bedbugsbugme

Posted 1 year ago
    Thu Jan 18 2018 17:59:49
    #

Login to Send PM

thirdusername - 1 hour ago  » 
    I think it currently ships to most places.
    https://chinchex.com/pages/faqs
    I am unsure of the legality though (I have no idea what certifications it needs per country).
    Cimexa never did make it for sale in Canada.
    I did some investigation for Aprehend and certification for importing an insecticide into Canada seemed to require a company paying money to Health Canada (like the EPA in the US I think) and maybe proving it's impact on humans and the environment.
    The home page references some reviews.

I was able to buy a bottle of Cimexa once. But I think the seller stopped shipping them here because its banned? I would like to find out if it is banned here.

I'm not an expert. Just sharing what I learned from my experience.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

294,680 posts in 49,526 topics over 153 months by 21,699 of 22,141 members. Latest: carterscott, ohkayiguess, shawnpayne1982