Chimney Sweep / Bat Bugs / Bed Bugs ???

(4 posts)
  1. buckfugs

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Fri Sep 1 2017 13:56:07
    #

Login to Send PM

Can any one ID this bug by just the picture? Obviously it looks exactly like a bed bug, but is there a chance it's a Bat Bug or a Chimney Sweep Bug? I worked this past summer renovating an old cabin in NY that used to have a significant bat problem. Maybe it's a Bat Bug or a CSB and they latched on to me while I was at the cabin and came back to my place. My home doesn't have bats.

First got bit like 2 months ago (July). Been bit every 5-10 days since then. I am currently in the middle of treatments for bed bugs (2 of 3 sprays done). I am still getting bit. The ONLY evidence I have ever seen/found is the bug pictured above and I've checked thoroughly since. We even had multiple PCOs come over and check and they found nothing. I found the bug alive on the mattress 1.5 months ago one the mornings after I got bit. Killed it and flushed it, and am only now realizing how stupid that was. Should've bagged it to have it properly ID'd.

The crazy thing is I am still getting bit with a bagged mattress, a bagged boxframe, sheets I dry every other morning, a simple easy to check small metal frame, and interceptors (which have caught nothing). Don't know where they could be hiding after they feed.

2. psychologically_messed_up

Posted 2 years ago
    Fri Sep 1 2017 14:12:20
    #

Login to Send PM

I cannot ID bugs... they all look exact to me. But have you seen any birds nests in/on/around your home?

3. buckfugs

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Fri Sep 1 2017 15:01:42
    #

Login to Send PM

psychologically_messed_up - 48 minutes ago  » 
    I cannot ID bugs... they all look exact to me. But have you seen any birds nests in/on/around your home?

Not at the house that I reside at. But at the cabin I work at, we used to eat lunch 5 feet away from an active birds nest.

4. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 2 years ago
    Sat Sep 2 2017 8:01:09
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

If you go to http://www.batbugs.com and follow the link to the ID chart you can confirm the species from there. There is a lot more detail needed to species ID than is provided in that image.

Hope that helps.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

I am happy to answer questions in public but will not reply to message sent directly or via my company / social media. I am here to help everyone and not just one case at a time.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about pro

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

296,891 posts in 50,057 topics over 155 months by 21,882 of 22,369 members. Latest: sai, Mary Borges, Pleasebegone2019