Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Psychological and Health problems caused by bed bugs (besides bites)

Checked the outlets and guess what came out...

(6 posts)
  1. Helppleasee

newbite

Posted 1 month ago
    Tue Jul 23 2019 21:13:09
    #

Login to Send PM

CARPET BEETLE LARVAE.

Let me set the scene for you, my husband has been dealing with my erratic bed bug theory’s for about two months now, getting bites and all. So here he is being the good trooper he is, agrees to look in the outlet. With each outlet I have my phone’s flashlight lit up like a beacon. As my husband is unscrewing the faceplate of the outlet, SOMETHING FALLS OUT.
    I swear I had a heart attack at the tender age of 24.

My husband, the realest, picks it up with the screw driver and says “it’s just a little larvae...”

4 outlets later, all of them had larvae in them.

Yep.
    Crisis averted

On a side note as he was checking our spare room that is chock full of boxes for our move next week, he sends me a text that goes like this
    Husband: “ I FOUND ONE!!”
    Me: *audibly wheezing* *attempts to call several times*
    Husband: *sends picture of a stuffed animal* “IT’S GOT SUCH BIG EYES”
    Husband: * proceeds to send picture of the stuffed animal biting his neck*

Yep. That’s how my days go around here.

Keep your humor everyone, in the end no one is getting out alive, not even these dang insects.

2. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 1 month ago
    Wed Jul 24 2019 1:39:20
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

Very pleased not to hear the usual:

“I have found CB’s not no live samples, cast skins or faecal traces but am convinced it MUST be invisible bedbugs”.

Shoes and socks off till you do the work to remove the remaining larval hairs.

10 years back a few would still be arguing that CB’s don’t bite so cant cause skin reactions.

Keep a healthy attitude and you will get through this better.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

If you have found this information helpful please consider leaving feedback on social media via google+ or FaceBook or by like/loving the images.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC (legal requirements) I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about products.
  3. Helppleasee

newbite

Posted 1 month ago
    Wed Jul 24 2019 5:34:34
    #

Login to Send PM

Yes for sure. It’s day 60 today with no proof of bb’s, and 15 days clear in the passives (although there were chemicals sprayed so I tried to clean around it, not sure if it worked but I’m calling it a tentative no bb’s just cbs with hairs from hell that stick in my feet if I accidentally step on one.

4. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 1 month ago
    Wed Jul 24 2019 6:42:48
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

Its not a matter of treading on the hairs. They are so light they can remain airborne and become attracted to people through electrostatic action. While the reaction can be to the hair sticking in the skin it is more commonly attributed to the pollutants that enter the break in the skin.

A similar thing is noticed if you go brambling in the countryside. The small scratches amplify when you return to areas of lower air quality. This is the prime reason why people have a tendency to react to bedbugs as they pass through airports.

David

5. Helppleasee

newbite

Posted 1 month ago
    Wed Jul 24 2019 9:34:17
    #

Login to Send PM

So you’re say I have spidey senses? Call me spider woman. Thank you David!

6. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 1 month ago
    Wed Jul 24 2019 9:39:24
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

Sadly there are not many inspiring insect based super hero’s and Lou will tell us off for mixing in the arachnids.

David

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

294,742 posts in 49,538 topics over 153 months by 21,702 of 22,146 members. Latest: HelpMe342, tristramshandy123, germanhippie