CDC 3000 Field test Toronto

(8 posts)
  1. no_bbs_on_me

newbite

Posted 10 years ago
    Fri Mar 6 2009 19:38:20
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi folks... First off, my name is Kevin and i am one of the owners of a pest control company in the Toronto area. We have received 2 of these units and we wanted to test them fully before buying more and using them as part of our service. We currently have a couple of tests complete but would like to do a little more..... so if someone lives in the Toronto area and thinks they may have a problem with these little creeps please contact me. We would like to test these units in a home or apartment that thinks they may have a problem but is unsure! We want to test these units where there is a very light infestation so if this is you e-mail me please. P.S. There are no charges involved!! We simply want to make sure they work in all situations. kevin@icepest.com Thanks

2. Emmm

Posted 10 years ago
    Fri Mar 6 2009 20:40:03
    #

Login to Send PM

Has anyone around here used Ice Pest? My roommate and I are unsure if we have problems or not, but I'm wary. We don't want to wait and see, we'd like to know quick and have treatment if need be. Has anyone used the CDC 3000?

3. bitten123

Posted 10 years ago
    Sat Mar 7 2009 14:33:06
    #

Login to Send PM

I bought a CDC 3000 and have used it in all my bedrooms, living room and a storage shed. I have found nothing, but that is good news! We had a very small infestation, and live in a single family home and it was treated 3 times and we have had no signs of bites, anything for 3 months. I feel very confident it is working correctly and this is a good machine, it is just I'm pretty sure we are clear and it had nothing to catch. If I was new to bedbugs and suspected a light infestation, I would jump at the chance to use this machine...the not knowing thing, trying to catch one, is very difficult. I think monitors are just one more thing in the war to fight them, but being able to catch an infestation very early, well that is priceless.

4. MyWorstFear

Posted 10 years ago
    Sat Mar 7 2009 22:09:27
    #

Login to Send PM

Bitten, how long do you have to run the thing in a room to know? If they feed every 5-7 days, do you have to run it continuously in one room for all that time? I have heard they only eat when they're hungry so how would someone know if there aren't any bugs or they are there, but just not hungry?

5. bitten123

Posted 10 years ago
    Sat Mar 7 2009 23:17:10
    #

Login to Send PM

MyWorstFear, yea, they would only feed when hungry, so the first room was vacant for a couple of months, then the others were vacant for a couple days. I'm not sure, as it would be difficult to run this for seven days straight. I do plan to run it in another week randomly... Honestly don't know for sure, but do know that the items in my shed had been exposed and it had no one walk in it or near it for about 5 months so if they were there, I would think they would have gone to the trap. I ran it in there 3 1/2 hours. It says in directions that 2 hours is minimum time and I'm to tired to remember what rest of directions said, but I believe something about running over certain amount of time did not yield any better results (I think it was 6 or 8 hours). Sean (bedbugresource.com) posted one time that he ran it in an office where they were suspected, but no signs found, but a dog did give a positive alert. He put the trap in there overnight and he had 2 bugs in it in the morning.
    I wish I knew more, I'm in the dark as much as anyone.

6. EudoraWelty

newbite

Posted 10 years ago
    Sun Mar 8 2009 17:46:37
    #

Login to Send PM

Bitten, I have one of these units also and just deployed it for the first time last night. I was able to leave it for several hours in 3 locations because the CO2 just kept on going. There's a spec on the slide which may be a nymph (or a piece of dust) but I'll need a microscope to know for sure (eyes aren't so great). Tomorrow I'm going to take it to work and leave it under my desk overnight - really hoping I don't trap one there. Btw, do you happen to know the size of those CO2 cartridges? - I'm guessing 12 or 16 gm but it's not listed on the label or on the Cimex Science site...want to order some more quickly! Thks!

7. bitten123

Posted 10 years ago
    Mon Mar 9 2009 10:51:02
    #

Login to Send PM

Eudora, the CO2 cartridges are 45 grams with a 5/8" inch thread. They are the Genuine Innovations brand and the place I found them locally was a motorcycle shop as the paint guy supply place ones were to small. Hope that helps.

8. EudoraWelty

newbite

Posted 10 years ago
    Tue Mar 10 2009 18:52:40
    #

Login to Send PM

Thanks Bitten - that info is much appreciated! The 2 cartridges I've used so far have both run for more like 13-15 hours - are you having similar results? (since I haven't captured anything, though not necessarily a bad thing, I'm of course paranoid that it's dispensing CO2 at too low a volume to attract the devilbugs) Also, do you detect any warmth from the device when it's plugged in? Yes, these questions should probably best be directed towards the manufacturer...

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

294,610 posts in 49,509 topics over 153 months by 21,693 of 22,135 members. Latest: mrssachvz, mandy717, Lodo956