CBS warns consumers about bed bug treatment scams; the media and bed bugs

(4 posts)
  1. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 8 years ago
    Thu Apr 14 2011 15:11:27
    #

Login to Send PM

There's a new video from CBS Early Show today about a journalist who got bed bugs, warning consumers about bed bug treatment scams.

I comment on this as well as on a misleading article which hints at a connection between La Nina and bed bugs, as well as on the seasonal nature of bed bug media reports.

Please have a look and if you have comments, please leave them on the blog article! Thanks!

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."
  2. ActionK9

Posted 8 years ago
    Fri Apr 15 2011 13:41:29
    #

Login to Send PM

For the record, Action Pest Control was the team called in to inspect/verify an empty "set up" apartment in NYC. Not sure why all the results were edited out and only the San Diego location was featured. This was done in a Chris Hanson style and while "most" PCO's in NYC were honest, there were a few who were not. Perhaps that footage is being held for a later airing.

This was one of many feature stories that we have been a part of and each time we have strongly stressed the importance of verifying all alerts...only to see the final airing and those important words left on the cutting room floor... not catchy or important enough to the story I guess.

Todd Lorah
    Action Pest Control/K9

3. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 8 years ago
    Fri Apr 15 2011 20:17:45
    #

Login to Send PM

ActionK9 - 6 hours ago  » 
    This was one of many feature stories that we have been a part of and each time we have strongly stressed the importance of verifying all alerts...only to see the final airing and those important words left on the cutting room floor... not catchy or important enough to the story I guess.

Thanks, Todd.

We've heard this before from lots of people who've spoken to journalists about dogs (it's happened to me too).

4. djames1921

Posted 8 years ago
    Sat Apr 16 2011 8:07:47
    #

Login to Send PM

Todd,

Kudos for trying to get the message out.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

296,898 posts in 50,058 topics over 155 months by 21,883 of 22,369 members. Latest: sai, Mary Borges, Pleasebegone2019