caulking in a house

(3 posts)
  1. hatinglife

newbite

Posted 11 years ago
    Mon Jun 30 2008 21:36:43
    #

Login to Send PM

one woman told me to caulk ENTIRE house; every hole, seam, and baseboard, which seems literally impossible. is it impossible and/or necessary? there are cable connections, phone cords, and floorboards that must remain removable to get to crawl space, etc. what to do??
    If i do the bedroom only, do i do it before or after pco treamtent? If I caulk ONLY the baseboards in bedroom, won't they just go thru walls and into other rooms?
    per usual with this bb situation, am confused.
    many thanks.

2. Itchybutdealing

Posted 11 years ago
    Tue Jul 1 2008 11:47:53
    #

Login to Send PM

I know that caulking our apartment has helped to trap the bugs there and not push them into another place, I am not sure about a house but would like to know for my parents also:)

3. halp_halp_halp

newbite

Posted 11 years ago
    Tue Jul 1 2008 23:11:47
    #

Login to Send PM

I also would like to know about this--am facing having to deal with this in a very large rental house and I honestly can't imagine getting to every single crack in this lifetime. Doing just the bedroom would be a huge relief!

Maybe you could do something more removable over the crawl space access, like a piece of plastic secured with painters tape?

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

291,715 posts in 48,877 topics over 151 months by 21,459 of 21,861 members. Latest: NHbugs, nervousbackpacker, SimpleObserver