Caught early sign of bedbugs

(3 posts)
  1. LetsDoThis

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Sat May 13 2017 18:54:53
    #

Login to Send PM

My mother sleeps alone in the living room on blankets on the floor because she says beds make her back uncomfortable. I brought a box home on monday full of old items and we threw them away the same day. That night, she apparently got bit in 3-4 places because she woke up with itchy welts and found a bug. It could be a bat bug or a bed bug but I'm going to take my chances with the latter. We live in an apartment and the exterminator is coming on Monday to spray of what is the first of the 3 step spray treatment.

I have bought DE and put it on the crevices of the couch and my mother has washed and dryed the blankets she used. I've been looking for the BB's but I haven't found them or found any sign of them. I put a barrier of DE on the entry to other rooms.

I don't think it has spread out of the living room because no one else in the house being bitten or at least not reacting allergically like my mother did. It's been Day 4 since my mother has been bitten.

We have carpet btw.

Questions:

I'm scared the 3 step treatment won't work. Is this an effective method? We can't afford heat treatment and where are they hiding?

I'm going to bag all my clothes and such. What else can I do?

Also, is it possible to spread this? I don't want to spread this to anyone I hug. Thank you.

2. Livingagain

Posted 2 years ago
    Sun May 14 2017 1:40:21
    #

Login to Send PM

Cimexa is more effective than DE. You probably have a good start, so far.

Put the dust where it has to be crossed for the bugs to get to you.

3. frightened

oldtimer

Posted 2 years ago
    Sun May 14 2017 2:44:08
    #

Login to Send PM

You should wait for the exterminator to come in and tell you what to do. He may not even want you putting powder down so just be patient which I know is not easy

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

293,482 posts in 49,272 topics over 152 months by 21,594 of 22,016 members. Latest: evil11, Airbnbug, junojunk