Caught bed bugs from neighbors

(3 posts)
  1. HelpMe342

newbite

Posted 2 months ago
    Tue Sep 17 2019 4:58:22
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi so I really needed this space to vent about our BB infestation since I can’t say a word to anyone else about it, so about 3 years ago, my neighbors had bed bugs, and the infestatation led to our apartment. When they treated her apartment they treated our living room, but at the time I was sleeping on the couch because it was more comfortable than my bed. Well, few months later my bed was COVERED in bed bugs. I had a friend come over and while she was in my room 4 bed bugs crawled out my mattress (so embarrassed) but she had them before as well so she understood and we kept it a secret. So we finally treated my bed, and saw no bed bugs for months on my bed, then I got a new mattress set $500 for a twin, and everything was ok. We kept my headboard but a little over a year later, I saw a bed bug crawling out my headboard. I love with my grandfather, and he doesn’t like to get rid of furniture or anything. But we had to throw it out. I’ve seen only 3 since then and they’ve been little ones. We are treating my room currently and have not found any bugs on my new bed. But my granddads room is horribly infested, and his recliner in the living room is also I guess because he was spreading them from his bed to the couch. Anyways it’s starting to affect me mentally. I’ve had a breakdown, we’ve sprayed and sprayed, and my room seems to be the only safe haven... I just want to get rid of the whole house. He won’t tell the landlord about the infestation because he’s embarrassed and says he’s have to pay $1,000 to have them treated. But if they came in during inspection time and saw it the landlord would cover the cost of it. I cannot deal with this anymore. What should I do? He says I can’t call the landlord and I haven’t out of respect for him, but I can’t take it anymore. Am I selfish for wanting help on clearing these things out?

2. Mawiwala

oldtimer

Posted 2 months ago
    Tue Sep 17 2019 6:51:13
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

no I don't think you are selfish to want them gone. I believe professionell help is the only thing which will help with a infestation like this. BB has to be eliminated in every room otherwise they just come back in the treated room again. Not treating the other rooms will just make it worse because the can multiply there without disturbance.

Talk to your landlord. I think he won't be happy if you wait any longer and you spread it further troughout the complex. It is not just your apartment which will be affected, maybe they already are and without treating every Apartment you will only play ping pong. I'm a landloard and I wanted to know this asap. You already waited to long in my eyes. Maybe not telling your landlord is selfish, especially when he would treat it, because letting the infestation out of control just made it harder and possible more expensive.

Don't throw anything out because this could be a waste of money.

3. HelpMe342

newbite

Posted 2 months ago
    Tue Sep 17 2019 12:53:47
    #

Login to Send PM

I’ve been wanting to tell the landlord since it started, but he won’t let me. Then if he kicks me out I won’t have a place to stay.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

297,406 posts in 50,189 topics over 156 months by 21,934 of 22,435 members. Latest: esedndwi, Help123, Bedbugdaydreams