(8 posts)
  1. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 10 years ago
    Sun Mar 29 2009 20:58:09
    #

Login to Send PM

Everyone,

Please remember to choose a forum from the drop-down menu, when you start a new topic (thread).

I have added a number of options, including "Detection/Identification of Bed Bugs."

I have also changed the names of some existing forums (for example, "Skin, bites, etc." is now "Bed bug bites, skin, etc.").

The "About the Forums" forum was the default, and it was inappropriate for 99% of the topics listed; this default option has been changed to "Uncategorized." You need to choose the appropriate option when starting a thread.

In time, I will gradually categorize the newly uncategorized set.

Choosing a forum for your topic is not an exact science, but if we all remember to choose one, that will be 1/2 the battle right there.

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."
  2. Ihate bugs

newbite

Posted 10 years ago
    Wed Sep 23 2009 7:25:21
    #

Login to Send PM

Sorry, I keep forgetting to do this! I will make note of it for the future! Thanks!

3. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 10 years ago
    Wed Sep 23 2009 23:06:44
    #

Login to Send PM

No worries! The forum has a lot of features which take some time to get used to.

There's another sticky about "tags" and using tags is perhaps even more useful than picking the right category!

4. JustChecking

oldtimer

Posted 5 years ago
    Sun Aug 17 2014 16:00:14
    #

Login to Send PM

Which category should I pick for identification of non-bed-bugs?

5. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 5 years ago
    Sun Aug 17 2014 17:27:56
    #

Login to Send PM

JC,
    Good question. When I set up the categories, it didn't occur to me that people would want to ID pests they knew were not bed bugs. It's fine to do that of course, and I think you should use the same category as for identifying bed bugs.

6. No More Bites

Posted 5 years ago
    Sun Aug 17 2014 19:42:05
    #

Login to Send PM

I was really confused with having to choose a place in the forum. The way it is set up there is no way to even see the different areas.

7. JustChecking

oldtimer

Posted 5 years ago
    Sun Aug 17 2014 20:23:19
    #

Login to Send PM

No More Bites, I am not quite sure I understand your question. Let me guess. On the main page of the forum, if you scroll toward the bottom (below the many thread titles), you will see a breakdown of categories. If that's not what you're asking, NoBugs will reply you later.

Nobugsonme - 2 hours ago  » 
    JC,
    Good question. When I set up the categories, it didn't occur to me that people would want to ID pests they knew were not bed bugs. It's fine to do that of course, and I think you should use the same category as for identifying bed bugs.

Thanks, NoBugs!

8. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 5 years ago
    Mon Aug 18 2014 11:07:45
    #

Login to Send PM

No More Bites - 15 hours ago  » 
    I was really confused with having to choose a place in the forum. The way it is set up there is no way to even see the different areas.

Sorry it was confusing. They're at the bottom of the main page. Click "Forums" at the top of any page and then scroll down.

I have thought about moving them up, but we are going to get a design overhaul soon and so this hasn't seemed urgent.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

295,940 posts in 49,855 topics over 154 months by 21,816 of 22,282 members. Latest: bobtheworry, Whiskeygirl, bbquest19