Casting id needed

(12 posts)
  1. librarybookgrl

newbite

Posted 4 years ago
    Fri Feb 6 2015 15:17:17
    #

Login to Send PM

I don't know how brittle and fragile the castings are but I found these bits below a chair. Are they bed bug related? [img]http://[/img]

2. Richard56

oldtimer

Posted 4 years ago
    Fri Feb 6 2015 15:22:42
    #

Login to Send PM

Hmmm aren't you supposed to be "relaxing" and not poking around

3. librarybookgrl

newbite

Posted 4 years ago
    Fri Feb 6 2015 15:24:56
    #

Login to Send PM

Yes. And I am ashamed. But I can't ignore potential evidence when I see it. Help!

4. Richard56

oldtimer

Posted 4 years ago
    Fri Feb 6 2015 15:33:13
    #

Login to Send PM

LG: Yes. And I am ashamed.
    --------------
    You should be To me it looks likes the usual stuff found under chair and sofa cushions that wouldn't be given a second thought unless you have bed bugs on the mind. I'm sure a pro will come along and confirm as such.

Richard

5. librarybookgrl

newbite

Posted 4 years ago
    Fri Feb 6 2015 15:40:55
    #

Login to Send PM

Looking at pics online now I don't think it is. I looked at it with a magnifying glass and I think it's some bug with legs broken off. It was just finding the little legs with it that creeped me out. Still interested in what the experts say. Thanks Richard56!

6. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 4 years ago
    Fri Feb 6 2015 15:41:45
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

100% not bedbug related.

Hope that helps.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

I am happy to answer questions in public but will not reply to message sent directly or via my company / social media. I am here to help everyone and not just one case at a time.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about pro
  7. librarybookgrl

newbite

Posted 4 years ago
    Fri Feb 6 2015 15:46:43
    #

Login to Send PM

It does help. I think I would have completely lost it by now without the resourceful people on this forum. I'm not a bedbug expert. But the help and reassurance that I received at no charge here makes me feel even more compelled to find a way to give to others in need based on whatever expertise I may have. Thanks.

8. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 4 years ago
    Fri Feb 6 2015 15:50:40
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi librarybookgrl,

Thanks exactly what this site should be about and for the most part is.

David

9. loubugs

old timer

Posted 4 years ago
    Fri Feb 6 2015 16:49:50
    #

Login to Send PM

Spider parts. A cephalothorax and 3 legs. The cephalothorax has one or two leg bases, each with one trochanter attached. The front of the cephalothorax is on the lower side of the image. Looks like debris in upper left hand section below the dime. Thin, somewhat horizontal item is unknown.

Professional entomologist/arachnologist. I consult on all matters dealing with insects and arachnids, including those of natural history and biology to pest management and forensic entomology investigations.
  10. librarybookgrl

newbite

Posted 4 years ago
    Fri Feb 6 2015 17:44:43
    #

Login to Send PM

Does it bite? I mean when it was alive. Lol

11. loubugs

old timer

Posted 4 years ago
    Fri Feb 6 2015 18:13:11
    #

Login to Send PM

Potential to bite, yes; probability, no.

12. AbsolutelyFreaking

oldtimer

Posted 4 years ago
    Fri Feb 6 2015 18:56:48
    #

Login to Send PM

loubugs -  » 
    Spider parts. A cephalothorax and 3 legs. The cephalothorax has one or two leg bases, each with one trochanter attached. The front of the cephalothorax is on the lower side of the image. Looks like debris in upper left hand section below the dime. . .

Awww com'n Lou!!! You seriously were able to tell all that from the picture provided???!

. . . Based on this prior "admission" of yours . . . You're making that sh*t up aren't you?!:

loubugs -  » 
    Or maybe I just guess and no one questions me?

Seriously, you KNOW I'm just teasing you (it's one of the things I do best I do believe) . . . because I, and I'm sure just about everyone on this forum knows . . .

YOU are freak'n AMAZING!!!

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

297,263 posts in 50,153 topics over 155 months by 21,923 of 22,419 members. Latest: frustrated1970, duracell, Parawail